ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

what do I have

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do I have

More people died on QUADS the first year of production than the all the years three wheelers were in production.

Remember trikes don't tip over PEOPLE tip over on trikes.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Range Rover
Default what do I have

yay. finally some people realize that it is the HUMANS that make the mistakes and kill or hurt themselves, not the Material.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default what do I have

If three wheelers are so unsafe than why can you still go purchase a three wheel motorcycle for the street
A buddy just ordered one for his wife to ride
If four wheelers are safer than three wheelers than two wheelers must really be unsafe as if you stop and cannot maintane balance you fallover

Any thing is unsafe if someone inexperianced gets on and rides
And I do agree they are like guns
A gun never shot anyone it takes someone to pull triger

The main thing here is common sense they do not just hand this out
And it it is not so common

Just my thoughts
Sorry if they offend anyone it is not personal
Thanks
Ray

Old 07-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default what do I have

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pcollins

woop de doo. i think 3 wheelers are a ton more fun than 4 wheelers, and i ride both everyday. i will ride 3 wheelers until i can't find one to do so on. and the deaths and injuries are from bad maintenence, people not knowing how to ride right, or are going to fast for the terrain.</end quote></div>

I had to laugh at this as his signature states: "I cannot count how many times I flipped a three wheeler"

My opinion is similar to Knowsalot in that it does take more skill and knowledge to safely ride an atc as opposed to my 300cc kawasaki prairie for example. I do feel that three wheelers are less forgiving compared with a quad. I certainly feel better letting a rookie ride a small dispacement quad as opposed to a 200s or even a 110. 3 wheelers can be very safe if ridden properly and responsibly. The times that I have flipped an atc have been when I was goofing off.

Anyway back to the topic:

Congrats on the 185. If this is your daughter's first atv I would strongly suggest a safety training course. I would also spend alot of time helping here learn the physics of riding a three wheeler. Lastly, make sure she wears her helmet. This bike runs pretty fast and can be a handful for a young/inexperienced rider.

J

Old 07-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Range Rover
Default what do I have

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Madwolverine

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pcollins

woop de doo. i think 3 wheelers are a ton more fun than 4 wheelers, and i ride both everyday. i will ride 3 wheelers until i can't find one to do so on. and the deaths and injuries are from bad maintenence, people not knowing how to ride right, or are going to fast for the terrain.</end quote></div>

I had to laugh at this as his signature states: "I cannot count how many times I flipped a three wheeler"

My opinion is similar to Knowsalot in that it does take more skill and knowledge to safely ride an atc as opposed to my 300cc kawasaki prairie for example. I do feel that three wheelers are less forgiving compared with a quad. I certainly feel better letting a rookie ride a small dispacement quad as opposed to a 200s or even a 110. 3 wheelers can be very safe if ridden properly and responsibly. The times that I have flipped an atc have been when I was goofing off.

Anyway back to the topic:

Congrats on the 185. If this is your daughter's first atv I would strongly suggest a safety training course. I would also spend alot of time helping here learn the physics of riding a three wheeler. Lastly, make sure she wears her helmet. This bike runs pretty fast and can be a handful for a young/inexperienced rider.

J</end quote></div>

i do flip them on purpose sometimes, and i know when i'm about to flip. my point is, i know what i'm doing and haven't been injured yet on an ATV of any sort.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default what do I have

Take it easy there guy. I thought your signature was funny and it just went well with the discussion. No one's holding anything against you.

I'm glad that you've never been hurt on an atv. The point when you may get hurt is when you don't see it coming. Another bit of advice is this: when you get cocky riding your probably about to get in a bind.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Range Rover
Default what do I have

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Madwolverine

Take it easy there guy. I thought your signature was funny and it just went well with the discussion. No one's holding anything against you.

I'm glad that you've never been hurt on an atv. The point when you may get hurt is when you don't see it coming. Another bit of advice is this: when you get cocky riding your probably about to get in a bind.</end quote></div>

sorry. it was late. i was tired. and its gettin late again. so i better get off b4 something else happens. lol.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default what do I have

old polaris tech, what are you doing on 3 wheelers forum????? You sound like you hate 3 wheelers. If you dont like them, go to the 4 wheeled section.3 Wheels 4 LIFE!!

Old 07-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default what do I have

Hey but congrats on your daughter new trike. Their fun, just tell her the basic of riding and everythng will be alright.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default what do I have

I can tell when my 3 wheeler is going to flip it gives some warning and i can correct it. Not so with my 4 wheeler its just gone, and 300lbs landing on you as oppose to 500lbs..... well. Everything is dangerous, but if everything was banned then where would we be, so if you think is dangerous don't do it, but don't stick it to the rest of us. All the dogooder laws add up and make for an awful country to live in.