ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

honda 110 doesnt run please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda 110 doesnt run please help!!

ok so my 1985 honda 110 was running fine and about to weeks ago i was riding it and it seemed like it wasnt getting any gas and it would just die out, than it wouldnt start. so i got a new carb and a cobra exhuast my b-day, i put them on today and it starts up and idles nice but if you give it gas it starts to back fire or it just dies out, and than takes like 5-7 pulls to start it again. could it be the jetting? if so where could i buy new jets? any input would be helpful. thanks

Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Trailblazer

Is the gas tank full of crappy gas or the tank itself rusty? If'n it is drain most of the gas and then throw in some largei nuts/ bolts and shake the heck outta it. Drain rinse and repeat till all the crap is out

Remove the fuel **** and clean as well, install inline filter.....all things I need to do to my wheeler ;-)

Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

well there is some rust in the gas tank but thats how its been since i got it about 8 years ago and its always ran good but i flipped it and put a huge dent in the size, could that be it?

Old 01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

Might have loosened up some crud, Drain the tank and rattle it as described. New fuel, inline filter.

My wheeler just quit running due to the very same problems. Have spare clean tank, just too lazy to change it out ;-)

Old 01-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer

ive got an 84 and an 82 just like yours and ive been in the same boat my guess is its a combo of both rust and jetting as far as the dent goes while you have it off to remove rust fill it with water and freeze it the expanding ice will pop out the dent as long as its not creased do this before you put the nuts to it so any surface rust from the freezing will also be removed

Old 01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

I replaced the rusty tank with the one I cleaned out via the rattle method, and when I was dumping the fuel out of the super rusty tank, the gas looked just like dirty orange juice.
When I pulled the filter out it was so full of rust sludge it was almost funny.

It is a wonder the thing was running at all with so much rust, so much in fact the plug was getting fouled with it.

Runs great now ;-)

Old 01-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah im going to probably clean out the tank tommorrow and ill see from there. hopefully it runs when im done.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Range Rover

yea happened to me. i need to clean my tank soon. i took one of the hoses out of my carb and out came this sludge crap. got mine up and running too though.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i cleaned my tank and it starts and idles fine but when its in gear and i give it gas it just dies out. its got to be the jetting. does anyone know where i can get bigger jets?

Old 01-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not sure how a clogged fuel filter would be the case, backfiring means TOO much gas. Sounds like your engine is getting flooded. You will probably need to re-jet but first take out the jet needle and move the circlrip Up a notch or too, soo that the needle hangs lower.
Let me know how that works out.

EDIT: Are you sure your new carb is the same size as the stock one?

Quick Reply: honda 110 doesnt run please help!!