ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

200s title none, where to get one..???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200s title none, where to get one..???

I bought an old 200s a few months ago and do not have a title and was wondering what I can do to obtain one..the dude I bought this from just made a signed statement that he sold it to me..HE wasnt some shady dude he was a family man,I figured the hell with it..Its a three wheeler and these things a pretty much banned..Well anyway I would like to make this thing legal..I have **** head neigbors that like to cause grief for those of us you like to have fun... they have nothing and think everyone else should also, dont feel sorry for them they have there noses so deep in everyone else buisness that they cant seem to find there own..they bring it on themselves .. I live here in Nanticoke PA..Old minning town near scranton ......Can you get a salvage title with out getting the original where can you find the record of the original..Did these older atvs,atc,mx bikes even come with titles.........Hell they aint street legal....There must be some sort of loop hole or something....

Old 06-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Range Rover

They came with a Certificate of Orgin that you sent in for a title. I don't know about PA, but in Illinois, for ATVs made prior to 1996, as long as it has never been titled you can just apply for one with that bill of sale and the state will give you one. I did it for my 350x so I could insure it, plus you get more when you sell them if you have a title.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure how it would work in your state
In AZ
I have had the same issue
Had to go with a Bonded Title
To do this there are several ways you can go
In AZ what I had to do in a situation like yours I purchased a 110 from a guy witha bill of sale so I knew not stolen
So I went to local DMV to have serial # inspection with all of my paperwork
DMV inspect frame SN and Motor #
Then you go inside
They will check to make sure not stolen
If comes back clear
But has been registered to some one then you will have to send them a registered letter
If they respond you can charge storage fees get title or negotiate
If no response they will send you for a bond
This simply covers thet both you and DMV have tried to locate said owner
Or they could
Tell you that you will have to get a Notarized statment from the person you purchased from by either sending him a letter or get with him and do a letter stating he has sold you the machine serial# and that he refuses to go bond go to notary have notarized that he signed
Then go back to DMV
They will then send you for a bond
I found several insurance companies sell Vehicle Title Bonds
In AZ they place a 1.5 value so $100 would require a $150 bond
I paid $75 for bond
Shop around some people were expensive
So once you have bond
Go back to DMV they will process all with the DMV fees in AZ was total about $16
Yes it can be a hassle
I have done as fast as 2 hours
As long as 2 month
I have done 5 Three wheelers since 12-08
Best advise I can give is keep a positive attitude with DMV as you are at their mercy
Let them know you are just trying to do the right thing and comply
They will with you
Then you are legal
Good luck
Ray

Old 11-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default What about if there is a lien on it

I just acquired a 2003 Blaster went thru all the DMV's things, inspection 1 passed, two names on title sent letters no response got the cards back.

But an issue that no one seems to know about is GE Capitol has a lien under the previous owners names I had to send a letter the same way as I did to the previous owner requesting they release the lien I have received the delivery conformation but nothing else been 2 weeks, will that affect the bonded title or is it if they do not respond they have lost their right to the lien or does the lien stay with the previous owner?

Sorry a lot of different question mixed in there but like you said in your post I want to go in having some knowledge and be ready for the DMV so that they will not give me any more grief than needed.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

NOT THE DMV call the dcnr have them run the vin on it they will track down the last owner who had the title i had to do that with a wolverine till i went and am now building my own