ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

first atc. 200s need help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first atc. 200s need help.

so i got a 1984 honda 200s three wheeler given to me by an old farmboy. nice oldguy, i saw the diaplited trike, sitting there. crying out to me "take me home, i will be fun, a few weekends of work and i wil be fun," it was like a kitten. so i asked if he wanted it, and he gave it away. the tittle was free and clear.
engine pull's real easy. shifts real nice. i saw some problems right off the bat. one it needs tires. easy i got a rear end given to me off a newer trike from a friend. it came with good paddles. also a new front tire. next was the seat, the fenders where cracked, the taillights where missing, and he says the rear drum break pads need to be replaced. he already has the break rebuild stuff. so some problems but alot more good things going for the little guy. the frame is straight, its all there minus tail light, and it will run. so i jumped on the freebie band wagon and towed it home. i graduated from nitro rc big blocks.(was a city boy). now i live in small town usa. so i got the property, and now i just need some help getting the wheeler to run.

so the old owner says it'll run if i prime it. i did that and it runs till the gas in the carb is gone. no fuel is going through carb. pulled it out cleaned it all nice an clean. unplugged jets and all the little bells and whistles that make up the carb. wire and air where the tools btw. put er back together set screws to factory. turned gas valve to "on" and fuel gushes out past where the air filter goes. so i tore the carb apart and tightened everything. put back together and same thing. fuel just gushes out. i did test for spark, good spark. fuels new. oils fine.
well sadly as my tittle says i am not manly enough to take this thing apart and put it back together, bare handed, and have it run perfectly.
so to the not a technical expert self, i did everything i knew how to do to get it running.
so can anyone give a ex city boy some help in the know how category? first with the carb?

Old 05-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

found prob, rebuilt the carb and replaced the fuel mixture o ring. also what i thought where the jets where these little tubes off the back of carb. also the overflow tube was plugged. re cleaned put back on and runs like a champ!!. just need to go to bend to get my freebie paddles and i am good to go.
p.s. just clean carb real good like and put all together nice n snug, she may fire right up. also i still feal like a idiot lol!

Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

so got the trike to fire up and was doing donuts and she shifted nice. well she was going till the tires went flat. side wall's on the old tires where blown so we just aired em up and went. was going fine for about 5 min's untill she stalled out and died. now shell sputter and die. flooding real easy. so i am again over my head and begging for some advice. and i cant get it to idle anymore. when i get home ill tear the carb apart and clean again. see if that helps any..

Old 05-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

so i got some problems.....again. tore the rear drum apart after i got tired of her not starting. after i popped all the bolts dirt like material poured out. funny thing is after all the tension was off the brakes i pulled the pads and presto theres the problem. no brake material on the pads. ill post pics when i get home. so i cleaned the drum, and the housing all nice and pretty, went and put it back together and the hand brake is froze. so i either need a new line or some how fix the old one. the foot brake works wonders after i disconnected the hand brake. so that problems fixed.

now onto the engine. so i worked on the carb and after about another 30 minutes of work i got it to fire up. problem was the it fired up with the gas fully pressed. and if i let it off, even a little, she died. and withe throttle down she sputerd and wanted to die. reminisne of a v8 missing a cylynder. she missed alot. so is timing or something off. as i said i have little now how. and i would like some help!