ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

which is faster 250sx, 200x?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is faster 250sx, 200x?

does your tri-z???

Old 03-05-2009, 01:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey All:

When I was 15 myself and two best friends bought 3 1986 200x's the lot had 21 sitting in line for sale. We all three varied in height by 3 inches but weighed the same give or take five lbs. The wildest of us 3 did in fact, break in his bike hard, while the other two of us followed the manual. Many times when our bikes were stock, we would go fill up at the same store on gas, and set our tire pressure the same, There was a new 25 mile stretch of new Highway being built near by, and we would ride out there all night, every night for months, and he would always pull away, and always had more ***** out of the hole we even took turns on each others bike his always won. We always discussed it, the only other thing we could think of was that maybe an employee played with his head one morning or evening for laughs.

A few months after we bought our bikes, my girlfriends dad bought a 1986 250 Big red and bought her a 1986 250sx I rode both the bikes a lot, and always my stock 200x would take the 250sx That bike has a drive shaft and the engine is also more heavy. I always figured thats why they gave it the xtra 50 to help it keep up in pack riding, etc. There was a 200 sx automatic clutch engine in the Honda 200 fat bike, but thats another animal all together. The engine was a an old dog.

Now as far as wheelies, my 200x stock, could shift right up to 4th on the rear wheels, but in 4th it was a true balancing game, there was no extra motor to rescue a slip up.
if I was in 4th I could ****** the front wheel up on a bump in our field but on flat going could never get it up.
My Girlfriends 250 was great for wheelies up to third because of the automatic clutch and heavy ***. I just never got 4th to work out well wheelying.
I did spend a lot of time trying to wheelie her dads Big red. It would go up but just was too much of a dog, and lost interest quickly.

I later spent a ton of money for the time period, on my 200x engine, cam, porting, gears, heavy duty clutch, and supertrapp pipe. also a bigger carb. I could actually keep up with stock 250R's and Tecate's on short flat track we had, but of course, could not beat them unless they missed a gear or spun out. How ever I ate other 200x's and was stoked with my final results. And that bike could freaking jump. I backed up and went all out up the side of the highway from a dead on, and would launch in 4th full throttle. The bike would get 25 feet of air easy, and clear the shoulder lane, cross the two main lanes and land in the far break down lane. it would strike so hard that I would automatically put my full face helmet right on the gas tank to soak up the impact.
My buddies thought I was f---ing nuts, but I loved to fly!!! just me the bike and no one else could handle. Of course I am an old man now, and times have changed a hundred fold.
Oh. Just for your information. " The best riding I ever did" - was on top of my high school sweet heart sitting on top of her 250 sx in park ; )

I currently have a 250R and am converting it to a 2 wheeler with a Missile bike kit. I have a partial post on the build if you want to check it out. look up Missile bike.

Be cool and hang loose,

Jonathan

Old 03-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

must be these 18 inch lawnmower turf tires i have on it haha, j/k

Old 03-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img]

Hi all:

ok I totally forgot top speeds, What can I say I started thinking about my old honey. LOL

Ok My highschool sweet hearts 250sx with stock everything and recommended air pressure, had the optional odometer installed at the Honda Dealer.
It would go up to 56 all day long, but that was it. Again far more heavy bike, heavier engine "automatic with reverse", and rear axle drive. Probably if you blew up the tires to like 22 psi, you might could squeeze out 59 - 61. I don't know the H.P.

My 200x stock went 64 and my friends that was broke in hard went 68, thus he could literally pull away

after all my mods with a 13 tooth front sprocket my bike would go 76, but was a much stronger bike all around. All our 200x speeds were clocked beside an 1982 Chevy pickup on a tar surface. Not sure how accurate that was but its all we had then.

I used a 11 tooth front sprocket for short track but never bothered trying to clock it.