ATV Expeditions Are you on a major excursion traveling the World or a Continent. Post your adventures and log your travels here.

best ATV helmet two-way radio, long range, walk'e talk'es

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 05:12 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need a co-pilot to hold the GPS.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Heck thats the best idea yet! When the grandkids go, thats grampas job to hold the compass and sound like a gps.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:08 AM
THE BERMINATOR

lol

Old 03-06-2019, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

on order, the atv cams, walkies w/ new still in box helmet headsets, to keep them clean, also getting on the ready! maps, gps, cel phone....2 ten cans attached together, with 2 mile long, string line, for greater, long distance reception! be careful going around corners lol

Old 03-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

If you used a couple bull horns you wouldn't have to worry about the strings getting caught on tree limb's and everyone would know what you needed! New and bigger gps is supposed to arrive on saturday. Not sure just how long it will take this computor dummy to figure it out but hopefully have enough time before riding season gets here. Been getting some extra info from people that live and ride in Mich as where good trails might be.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:32 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I used to drive down to Phantom Fireworks' Holland, OH store to stock up for the 4th of July when everything except sparklers and smoke bombs were illegal in Michigan. One time I stopped at the Michigan Welcome Center on US-23 and picked up some brochures for Ohio tourist destinations and places I haven't been in Michigan. There was one for ATV riding in Ohio I took a look at. It said there was a 20 MPH speed limit either on one trail I was looking at or on all the trails. There are some trails I've been on in Michigan where I wouldn't want to go much faster than 20 MPH, and others where I do go faster. I'm trying to imagine dirt bikes going 20 MPH instead of ripping through the trails. I don't think adrenaline junkies on bikes would be happy putt-putting down the trail.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

I know the places your refering to, been there myself. The speed limit is not for the trails themselves but for any roads leading to the trails. Here in the deep south atv and utv are supposed to be held to 20 mph while getting to the trails. In Ohio you can ride along the side of a road to reach an area designated for orv use. No riding on expressway systems or 4 lane highways. I ride out where I live frequently and have never been bothered, even had the sherriff wave when the grandkids were on board. I never did stupid things when out on the road, no loud exhaust, no driving thru peoples yards or flying down the road at 50 or 60 mph. Normally 25 mavey 30 mph and yes on ocassion I do crank it up, for a short distance when I get away from the houses. No issues in almost 20 years here. Now there are a few younger neighbors that have veen busted on many ocassions, excessive speed, loud exhaust, pulling wheelies for blocks at a time with no helmets on. Once again, orv use is restricted because of a few idiots causing problems. The bad part about Ohio is they have so few places to ride yet orv sales are high in the state. Just ordered the "big book of Michigan orv trail maps" to start looking for utv safe trails to ride on in your state. Mabey we will meet up one day!

Old 03-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to be soooo happy/excited when I finally get back up north, I expect you to take a picture of me kissing the ground, as soon as we get there, and leave that sand on my face till we start to head back home lol I so love St Helen areas, so much, but if I lived there year round, and could ride often, like many of those southerners do south of the border here, all year long, I'm sure the thrill would get old/busted/why bother! lol What I've been doing to stay out of trouble around here, and I've been broadening my range each time out, doing it, is riding the hood with the plow on, and if I get questioned by the po po, I'v got a excuse saying, well officer....I'm plowing sidewalks for the neighborhood seniors....which I have been doing, and the reason I need to be so cautious, is our city hall/police dept is nearly in my back yard, within eyes view away! lol

Old 03-06-2019, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Just dont get so excited tou kiss a yellow spot! And dont bry your face to deep as a cat may have been there before you! Dont go up to soon or your lips may get froze to the ground...if that does happen, sit tight we will be there sooner or later....

Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

ha ha!

Quick Reply: best ATV helmet two-way radio, long range, walk'e talk'es