ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Utility Class ATV Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Utility Class ATV Racing

Just a short note to introduce my self & talk a little about amatuer ATV racing... My name is Mike, I'm pretty new to the forums, been ATVing for over 4 years now, Raced Jeeps for 10+ years before that. My hobby is designing equipment... I currently ride a fairly custom 2002 - 650 Prairie. I'm from southern Minnesota, the last several years I pounded the most aggresive trails I could find, this year I plan on attending a well run 2 X 4, 4 X 4, ATV mud bog & show & shine contest in Emmons, Minnesota ( on the Iowa border ) on June 14th, as well as several ATV Hare Scramble races in southern Minnesota, western Wisconsin, & in Fort Dodge, Iowa this summer, as well as the 12 hour team endurance race inFort Dodge, Iowa this October... I'd be more than happy to pass on any information I have on these races, as well as hear about any others in this area, that I might not know about.

Old 05-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

I raced in the D23 Harescramble at monticello. There were several praries there...one took a major hit into the trees at the end of the first lap...wasn't you was it?? No offense intended...but it was a newer prarie that smashed with plenty of mods on it!!

Old 05-23-2003, 07:48 AM
Pro Rider

I was at the Hare Scramble in Montecello... But only to watch, I hadn't been to one yet, I registered with ARMCA & AMA while I was there, to get that out of the way... I helped the guy that totaled his Prairie put it back onto the truck ( didn't know the guy, just being nice )... the other guy was pretty hard on his as well, I noticed that the racks were pretty bent up , I think he rolled his ( I didn't know him either ), but I heard on another forum, that he's the guy that bought the 800cc Prairie off the east coast, that was for sale on E BAY... you'll know mine when you see it, don't know it I mentioned it on this forum, but when I raced Jeeps, "there were only 1 - 2 stock parts left on my Jeep" my Prairie is going more in that direction every day... I'm thinking about calling mine "the flying humvee" LOL... I'm sure I'll be the only racer you run into this summer with a spare tire permanantly mounted on the rear on the quad... What ever keeps the guys behind me from climbing over me on that first corner after the start ...LOL Hope you'll introduce yourself if we bump into each other ( no pun intended ) at one of the other Hare Scrambles... I'll be racing a few in Iowa, as I live in southern Minnesota, so I won't be going to the 2 races in north central Minnesota. Have A GREAT Day, Go Four Wheel'in !!!!! WAM

Old 05-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

I live in NE Iowa, and I am going to the races up in Northern Minnesota...it's a haul, but I would like to try running for points...plus with only 2 quad harescramble races in Iowa, 1 being the same date as a D23 race, not worth it to me!! I'm #Q16 on a predator. If you helped that guy put his busted prarie on, you probably saw me pushing mine into my truck also...I rolled, and bent the steering stem and snapped the throttle...hope to see you in one of the near races!!

Old 06-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Range Rover

NewBeatle,

I'm from Faribault and have been thinking about running a harescramble too. Did you see the one scheduled for June 22 in Arkansaw, WI?
That's only about 1.5hrs from here. What did the ARMCA & AMA registration cost?

What equipment do you need to have to race hares?

On another note...where do you ride most? Anywhere down by you?
There's a pit up here in Faribault but it's $10 and way too overcrowded.

Look to hear from you soon.

Fruitjacket

Old 06-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Fruitjacket... where did that name come from... I went to my first Hare Scramble in Monticello, MN. ( to watch & join AMA & ARMCA ), so I'm not by any means an expert on this subject... It cost me $70.00 to join both organizations ( annual )...I'd be racing the Arkansaw race, except there is a race in Fort Dodge Iowa on the same day, & as I'll be racing the 12 hour indurance race this fall there, I want to go down & check out the terrain etc. ... you can check out the ARMCA web site at www.armca.com for more race info. most race promoters want to develope the sport & will help you out, to get you going... some require a tether kill switch, you should have a minimum of a good pair of boots, goggles, hemet & gloves... I also have a chest protector, and a racer pack on my goggles... most races are 1 - 2 hours long, so most racers carry some brand of hydration pack, & usually a gas can for a pit stop if needed... some of the best free public trails in the state are just east of you, along the Mississippi river in the bluffs ( Trout Valley & Snake Creek ) I'd be happy to get you more in formation on these awesome trails... If you or anyone you know wanted to try Mud Bog Racing or a Show & Shine contest, there is a good one a few miles from here ( Emmons, MN. ) on June 14th let me know if I can get you anymore info... Have A GREAT Day, Go Four Wheel'in !!!!! WAM

Old 06-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Range Rover

Newbeatle...

Fruitjacket.......long story....it's not dirty or perverted...mostly just an example of the twists my mind will take when I let it....
I'll explain it to you some other time...

I've been on Snake Creek but not Trout Valley. I used to ride in the sand pit over in Wabasha too, but they closed it.

As far as the Fort Dodge, IA race, I'd love to go, but I think a buddy from Red Wing is going with to Arkansaw, so maybe next time.
Geez, doesn't it always seem like you've got plans when something fun comes up. My ATV club and myself are heading to South Dakota on Friday night June 13th for a week.
At least I'll be wheeling.

If you ever wanna hook up for a ride, lemme know.

fruitjacket@hotmail.com

PS - Thanks a ton for the info on harescrambles. Who you racing with in the endurance race? How many to a team?

Old 06-25-2003, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

FRUITJACKET... how did your ride to the Dakota's go, That is an awesome place to ride ( from what I understand ) ... if you get the chance, you can read the exerpts of my experiences in Fort Dodge... It was a blast, they are having another race on Sunday August 17th, it's tied in with a Blues festival on Saturday the 16th, & there are a few more mud bog races in this area through out July, let me know if your club is sponsering any events, I have a message board that I put up in my pit area at the events I attend, to put flyers on... there is an open house at the ATV park in Waterloo Iowa, that I'll be attending this Saturday ( nice ATV park, & free lunch, it doesn't get any better than that )... I'm way past due for a trip to Trout Valley, let me know if you have an interest...Talk to ya later...WAM

PUDDLEJUMPR ... are you going to Waterloo this Saturday ????

Old 06-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

newbeetle,

What did you think of the harescramble last Sunday? I saw you there. My husband raced in your class on a p650. I didn't race my Rancher this time, I was instead on someone else's 250ex so I was in the Sport B class. Your quad looked pretty heavy, did it take those jumps okay??? How did you like the track? Was it what you expected at all? I had a good time but was pretty worn out. It was quite an experience to race a quad I had never ridden before, but after an hour and a half it seems you become one with the machine!

You know, you were the talk of the flaggers Sunday, they thought it was hilarious that you would go by with your stereo on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And the tire and gas cans, etc.! Very original! If I were on a long treck somewhere I would hope you were in the group as well with that setup!

We'll probably see you in Waterloo. We are going for the meetings but have a wedding to go to so we can't ride. Hopefully we can get some lunch!

Old 06-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

is there any races taht are coming up soon in south east minnesota. I live near winona and if there is anything cloes I wouldnt mind going and checkin it out. thanks

friesen

Quick Reply: Utility Class ATV Racing