ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

250x race mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250x race mods

i'd probably go for that blaster if i lived closer but it would cost too much for shipping. really, i don't need one either, i just like new toys.
Have fun on that 250x i love mine

Old 10-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 250x race mods

Yeah, he brought it today. Looks awesome, Totaly representing America. . .Red White and Blue Plastic. I can't wait till school lets out. I will be all over it at home. Prolly take it to a track. Well, I gotta go Later

Ride Hard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2003, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer
Default 250x race mods

so how did you like it?

Old 10-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 250x race mods

Well I liked it. . .But it has been sitting for about 8 months. . .Carb is gaubed up and needs cleaned. The Axle has been broke and welded back together. . .besides that its awesome, I haven't topped it out cause of the carb, but I can tell it will go well over 60, I put 97 octane in it and some Gummout in the gas. I hope that works. Well my girlfriend is getting bored and waiting for me to pay attention to her so I am gonna re-jet. Later on. . .oh yeah. . .the guy told me he would re-jet the carb and clean it out for me after he gets it, back. well I had better go, or she will skin me alive! Oh yeah, she's not evil, I am for staying on here. haha anyways RIDE HARD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2003, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default 250x race mods

im 13, and i have a bunch of crap on my fourwheeler. but none of it is engine related yet. all cosmetic. where in indiana is washington? i have never heard of it.

Old 10-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 250x race mods

Have you ever heard of Vincennes Indiana? Its right on the border of Indiana and Illinois. Washington is 18 miles east from there. Ok. . .Now I am having problems I think it is just the carb though. It is extremely hard to start that X. Once I get it started it wants to die Immediatly. If I turn right it dies, if I turn left it revs(and starts burping and sputtering due to the carb gaub) The gumout has seemed to work a little not much though. Kinda making me really mad! I think I am gonna take it back to him tonight and tell him the things I want on it in order for me to buy it. I have came up with a NEED list, New Axle, New Throttle Cable, New Clutch Cable. . .they are all shot, dead, done, CAput. . .well, I am gonna go. . .ANYONE asap write back and tell me what I could do about it. . .

Old 10-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default 250x race mods

well looks like you have about $330 in your need list soo far. i just had to replace the clutch cable on my x. it snapped on me. just like my shock (different story). good luck. i don't have much help for you. only 13 first fourwheeler

Old 10-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default 250x race mods

and back to the main subject... i have some works shocks and those are quite nice for the big jumps then maybe some extended a arms if you have the money for both. then im not sure where but i saw some big bore kits for xs that would hop the speed up for you.

Old 10-26-2003, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer
Default 250x race mods

hey man i had the same problem with my quad. the throttle cable must be catching on something which pulls it or makes the engine race. Also i'd check the kill switch and make sure that it is not slipping and killing the engine. honda's are good, but i'm sure the honda guys were high when they designed the kill switch. it's been nothing but problems for me. disable it and just use the key to kill it. Also stop using the carb gum remover with the engine running that could mess things up. Go to a automotive store and get pyrol carb and choke cleaner (The spray can). take off your carb and clean it real good with that stuff then put back on the carb. it doesn't matter if you get all the cleaner out or not it won't hurt you engine. in fact i use it for starting engines that have sat for a while. and make sure your air filter is clean. good luck

Old 10-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?
Default 250x race mods

You need to get some A-arms for a 400ex they are 2inches wider and bolt right on. Check e-bay there is always arms on there for about $50. Keep in mind you need the 400 tie-rods and different shocks but alot cheaper than aftermarket arms.

For engine work get a WEB cam they bring those engines to life. A new cam for the 250/300 is $110 and your core and can be installed in an hour or two.

Quick Reply: 250x race mods