ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

flattrackers?TT racers......sign in here......

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flattrackers?TT racers......sign in here......

Nace is putting on the final ST and TT for AMA this year about an hour from my house.

are you talking about the race in paducah kentucky in september.if you are i am coming to race in that one.i've got my last vacation scheduled just to make it to that race.i wouldn't mind coming and racing this weekend if i knew how far it would be,and if i could make it there after work on saturday.

Old 07-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

I don't really race, I just pay the entry and ride around the track behind all the other racers.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Whitebread, I will be at PIR (Paducah International Raceway) this weekend. You should come. What class are you running? There is a couple of stroker banshees in the Pro-class that are EXTREMELY fast around that 3/8 mile. This is the last scheduled race at PIR until the Nat's. It would be good practice. I just hope my bike is running right for it. Last saturday night I had all kinds of problems. You won't leave the track until 11:30 or so if you run TT, so keep that in mind.

Kyxplorer, will you be there this saturday? Have you been to PIR before? I don't remember your bike. How about Bardwell?

Old 07-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Range Rover

alky,
I want be there this weekend, i had some surgury tuesday and want be able to ride for a couple of weeks. Late year and the year before i ran most all the races at PIR and half of them at Bardwell. I mostly run the tracks around Marion area (smithland, Marion, greenville, madisonville). This year i have not been able to run any of Nace's races due to work, broken bikes or helping some family. I have ran the Duncan Motorsport races at Marion. The past two year i mainly ran the utility class(won short track and TT both years), this winter and late last year started running open am or 35+. I ride the "beast" it's a big red polaris 400 xplorer #24, last year it had all the stock fenders, sat low with american racer, douglas chrome rims and i pulled with a black enclosed trailer with polaris on the side. I have now shaved the front fenders, built a front sway bar and modified the engine some more. "I just pay the entry and ride around the track behind all the other racers" i know what you mean at PIR. I stopped running Short track there because i did not feel comfortable about having the big slug running around 80 mph-it just isn't built for those speeds but i can't afford a predator yet. I have a better chance being a top 3 bike in the 35+ class in TT's due to my bike. There's one more PIR race on Aug.23, i'm going to that no matter what to get ready for national's. I know i will get spanked at national but me and my boy what to say that we tried to qualify for a national and he has a chance in the 90cc class and i'm going to try the Open C class. Man i'm writing a novel.
later

Whitebread- paducah is 2 hours north of nashville off I-24
check out stevenaceracing.com or flattrackmac.com

Old 07-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

man it would take me 6 hours to get to that track saturday after work.i might try it,i don't really know.how fast do the racers run that track in seconds?i run the fourstroke class here in bama,don't really know what i would run there though.i would like to run with people that are faster than me though to see if i could stack up to them.

Old 07-10-2003, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

kyxplorer, this is my first year of racing so that must be why I haven't met you.

Whitebread, there is a four stroke class as well as the open classes. I don't really know the lap times, but judging from my gearing and top speed in 5th gear, I estimate around 80mph in my (Open AM) class. There was 3 450 yamaha's there last time. 2 YZ's with custom frames and one WR with a Lonestar. They did well in Open pro.

Gates open at 2 but practice starts at like 5 or 6.

Old 07-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

what gearing is best for the track in paducah?im still running my stock gearing on the rappy.

Old 07-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

I run 16/39 on my banshee at PIR. I run 5th wide open down the straights and sometimes hit sixth if it is slick. I have the 18" american racers on the rear.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Range Rover

whitebread,
i talked with some of my friends at Willams ATV ( in marion,ky) and on their modified 300&400ex's they run a 14/33 sprocket combo usually. He said the 15 front would cause their bikes to bog, said by the time he comes out of the first turn he's in top gear wide open and never let's off on the short track- same gears for TT. On my big polaris i run 13/30 all the time. Hey i got a new flyer from Nace yesterday and the schedules been changed, there is a race in Marion on the 26th instead of smithland. I get my stiches out this week so i will be able to start riding again - i'm going to try to get my slow a** back in shape for marion. The thursday night before Marion is an Owensboro,ky race and they say the track there is great - i can never make it because of work( 1.5 hours northeast of Marion). Hope to see ya guys there.
later
hunt

Old 07-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

they are still having the st and tt event on august 23rd in paducah aren't they?

Old 07-15-2003, 10:38 AM
Range Rover

As far as i know they still are, i plan on using that race to get my son's and my bike tuned for nationals.
later
hunt