Sorry couldnt resist!

Old 07-11-2003, 10:47 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is drag racing a sport?

Is a Bull Rider an athlete?

You only have to hang on for 8 seconds?

Has anyone ever experienced Violent Tire Shake? I have, in an Injected Nitro Car. If you don't think that you have to be an athlete to drive a high powered Drag Car, I'll tell you what you can do to experience the sensation of severe tire shake. Go down to your local Wal-Mart or Hardware store, go to the paint department, but your head in one of those paint shakers, and turn it on. Keep your head in there for 2 or 3 seconds (Trust me it will feel like 20 seconds), and see what you think. That is just your head, now imagine feeling that through your whole body. This is just one of the Many different things that can happen to you in just a few short seconds. Loss of traction, wheelstands, dropping a cylinder which due to the lack of downforce can cause the car to make violent turns at 200 to 300mph. Mechanical failures, including violent powerful explosions. The fact that this all happens in just seconds adds to the difficulty.

Truth is we can argue this all day and I realize that it is hard for people to understand because so few will ever get the opportunity to experience it.

Athletics is more than just Endurance. It is Coordination, Skill, Talent, Conditioning and Intelligence.
Sports such as:
Bowling
Golf
Track and Field Events (Such as Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, Shot Put, Javelin, Sprint Races)
Snow Ski Jumper
Archery

All of these sporting events take only seconds to complete the task that is required to complete the act. Anyone participating in these Sports at a Professional level are Athletes, like it or not. If it were so easy, anyone could do it (Professionally speaking).

In fact, there are Football, Basketball and Baseball players that don't even get into the game, and some that do and never even get to make a play. But we still consider them Athletes.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yuck, my sister is like 350# and hangs out in the bars. To each there own though. Can I call you brother in law yet?

Old 07-12-2003, 03:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

feel free to call me daddy

Old 07-12-2003, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

Remember boys!!!............Fishing is a sport..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img].

Old 07-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Hey daddy, will you buy me a new YFZ 450? PLeeeeeaaaaase

Old 07-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

what kind of dad would i be if i bought you a 4-stroke over a 2-stroke.

Old 07-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

It is a sport that is just like footbal,baseball. You have the money you can win.At my track,everyone wants to win but they like seeing the fastest bike like anyone else.Group them into classes and more riders taste that win and start building a 3-motor bike.Then one day,only for a day,they have the fastest bike.An on & on & on. I fogot something-I caught a 3-headed fish last night!

Old 07-13-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Boy just read all of this thread, pretty good opinions on everything. But I am going to have to agree with TheBeechMan and RPM.
Look guys I have been NHRA drag racing for about 12 years and love it. I wish I could make a living at it, but I am not all that great. Reactions time needs to be improved. But I have won a lot of races either way.

There is a lot of talents you must have in any sport no matter what it is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

You don't have to be the fastest to win, Just get a good reaction time and run a consistant time to your dial in time, It does take some skill to be consistant.

Click my sig for pics of my drag quad

Quick Reply: is drag racing a sport?