ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Whens the next Hare Scramble in Ft Dodge IA

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whens the next Hare Scramble in Ft Dodge IA

I hear about one in Aug. But I went to the webster wheelers web site and all it had for events was the 12hour race in Oct. Any body have any info on the Aug race??

Old 07-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

According to Bruce Breeser ( Event Director ), there is a Blues Festival on August 16th, with the Hare Scramble race the following day, August 17th...I just finished my last Mud Bog race ( I hope ) & have begun the transformation back to trail / hare scramble format... I don't think the 28" Mudzilla's would be the tires to run for the hare scrambles ...LOL...WAM

Old 07-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the information. Any idea were I can find out more?? Like times, classes and such ???

Old 07-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

SJECCLES ... PRIARIEWRENCH is active on this forum, & he works on the track down there...OLDMANWHEELER is also from the area & active at the track... I initially contacted Bruce, before the 1st race, his e-mail address is ( bnc@mchsi.com ), PRAIRIEWRENCH's is ( jnjcyclerepair@hotmail.com )...Hope this helps...WAM

Old 07-16-2003, 10:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your help!!!!! Maybe I'll see ya there
Thanks again

Old 07-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Yes we are having another hare scramble in August! This time we will be running the whole track instead of just half so it should really be a better race or at least more interesting! LOL You can give me a call if you like after 4:30 at 515-571-6350 or you can get ahold of OldManWheeler (Bob Fleege) at 515-571-3000 for more info! I need to get more details myself, I've been working so hard on our own track and on quads that I have not been able to get to the last couple club meetings but the next club meeting is at our track/trails August 3rd so I will have all the details after that! I'm suppose to go work on the hare scramble race track this weekend so I may have the info then! Then on October 25 will be the 12 Hours of America Atv race on the same track which is a world wide event!!!!!!!!!!!! You really don't want to miss it!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2003, 09:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Would this be a good race for a first timer ? I don't want to get out there and just slow down the good riders lol

Old 07-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

SJECCLES... as long as you let the faster riders pass, you can come over & hang around with me ...LOL ... I hope to do better this race, with a little more time in the saddle & not flipping the quad on top of me should help a little...LOL... the group from Fort Dodge seem to be a good group of people, & the Fort Dodge race is a good one to get your feet wet ( sorry no pun intended ), for a few reasons... you don't need to be a member of AMA or ARMCA, which cost me $70.00 annually so that I could race at other courses... a better portion of the race course is visible to spectators than any other course that I've been to... any money or ATV interest that can help the local area secure the 1000's of acres of mining property, for ATV use is well worth while... ... ... Hope to see you there...WAM

Old 08-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to say but the August 17th hare scramble has been cancelled! The owners of the land have tore up parts of the track to build a stock car track but we are working around it and will be up and racing soon! I will let you all know when we will be able to race again!