ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Custom Chromolly

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Chromolly

I am looking for someone in the Midwest who can fabricate two front bumpers, two rear bumpers, two front racks and two rear racks for the Kawasaki Prairie 700's we are building for the 12-Hours of ATV America. We have pictures and drawings of what we are looking for. We just lack a qualified individual to build them.

Old 07-29-2003, 11:23 PM
WP
Pro Rider
Default Custom Chromolly

Talk to theoriginalsurfer. He is a professional welder.

Old 07-31-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Custom Chromolly

Thanks, I do that.

Old 08-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Custom Chromolly

My name is Bob Fleege and I'm the Co-Owner, along with Fast-Trak Promotions, of the 12-Hours of ATV America being held October 25 & 26 in Fort Dodge, IA. With the overwhelming success of our initial event last year and the expected sell out of the 135 3-Person teams, myself and another local business person have elected to financing two 2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700 two show case six very talented Iowa riders. At this point I am looking for a company or individual to build two Chromolly front and rear bumpers per the attached photographs (Sorry, no attached photos, don't know how to attached photos to forum but if you send me a message with your e-mail address I'll send you the photos). The photo of the front bumper was built for Mike Penland of Penland Brothers Racing, the rear was designed by myself and my partner.

I want a front bumper that is similar, but not exactly the same, as the front bumper in the photo; in fact I'm open to an improved version. It' primary purpose is to protect the lights, radiator and essentially all the front end components in those nasty trees and another racers. The rear bumper serves pretty much the same purpose but if you notice the top bar is higher than the rear plastic. This is so we can place our feet on that bar to help rock the quad when we need to get more traction. A little trick we learned from racing not only in the mud but in the snow.

By the way I should mention the project needs to be completed and on the quads September 1st as we have several hare scrambles schedule to test our engines and CDI modifications and I want the rest of the quad to be protected as well. Last year we worked with Mike Penland of Team Kawasaki / Penland Brothers Racing; this year our goal is to put together six of the best "A" class riders from the State of Iowa and give him a run for his money. And naturally if we beat him, it would make my day! Friendly reveries are what make racing what it is today. If this is a project you are interested in please contact me at 515-571-3000. Thank you for your time.