ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

my flattrack race this wk end...Womens flattrack...any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my flattrack race this wk end...Womens flattrack...any advice?

Originally posted by: TNTQuadJunkies
hey I C you also have Pro Armour nefs. How you liken them? I love mine!

Hi Tina, My husband has the pro armor nerfs on his KFX. I think they look too massive, scary, but their lite. It really makes his quad look hugh. I have Suzuki nerfs on without the heel guards. We cut the stock heel guards down to just the frame and mounted the L shape bracket back in its place. I think it looks cool until my leg gets sucked underneath. Right now we are just watching the races to get some tips and advice. I will be racing next season with my son hopefully. Good luck this weekend let us know how you did. Deb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2003, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptorchick
Hi Tina,
I don't have any advise to offer. I just wanted to wish you luck and I hope you have a great time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
~Lisa
Hey, thanks Lisa... I just got word we have a confirmed 5-6 for the track. Ill be racing with girls on a 300ex, Two Raptors, a 250R, Z400 and MAYBE a 450.. The gal on the 250r is my biggest worry and the 450 so far..Hope I get the holeshot !!!

Old 09-17-2003, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Atkins450
BTW....Dig the user name...LOL
you two getting 'so horny' together is fine with me! j/k

tip#1: Go faster than the other girls, you'll prob. win.
LMAO!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mesohrny
hey I C you also have Pro Armour nefs. How you liken them? I love mine!

Hi Tina, My husband has the pro armor nerfs on his KFX. I think they look too massive, scary, but their lite. It really makes his quad look hugh. I have Suzuki nerfs on without the heel guards. We cut the stock heel guards down to just the frame and mounted the L shape bracket back in its place. I think it looks cool until my leg gets sucked underneath. Right now we are just watching the races to get some tips and advice. I will be racing next season with my son hopefully. Good luck this weekend let us know how you did. Deb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I love mine so far, on boths Quads.Going out and watching is good. I done that once and was VERY curious to try it out last year. you can learn alot from just watching....Thats cool your racing with your Son. Ill be racing against my ole man a few times this year I think...HAHAwouldnt that befunny if I smoked him!!!!! He is alot better racer than I , but the more time on thetrack the more competitive Ill be .....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Hi ya Tina, I just wanted to wish you luck this weekend. Only advice I can think of is stay fast and don't crash!!

Old 09-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

[quote]

Thanks Lisa... I just got word we have a confirmed 5-6 for the track. Ill be racing with girls on a 300ex, Two Raptors, a 250R, Z400 and MAYBE a 450.. The gal on the 250r is my biggest worry and the 450 so far..Hope I get the holeshot !!!
I think you will do great. If you are used to racing with the guys you shouldn't have any problems. Most of the women I've seen race over here aren't nearly as aggressive as the guys.

Old 09-18-2003, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ProXPredator
Hi ya Tina, I just wanted to wish you luck this weekend. Only advice I can think of is stay fast and don't crash!!
Thanks. A guy at work told me ...."Hey Tina.... Break a leg!"
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I was like " WTF!" you dont go tell someone getting ready to race that,it will bring me bad luck!!! He said"well, your a chick and chicks cant drive well enough race a quad.... O told him to hop on one and lets see you would outride who.....hahaha

Old 09-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

lol, everyone looks the same under a helmat and a chest protector! Unless you wear pink that is.......then it's kind of a give-away.

Old 09-20-2003, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

WEll, I didnt do as well as I thought I was goin gto, in the practice run I done really good, dirt felt real good, ect... I placed 3-3rd in frist and Main. I got beat our by a Vforce and a Raptor, I held second for al ong time then lost momentum right before the corner..I should have taken at least a 2nd so Im being rather had on myself right now. It sonly the first race of the season, so I guess I have lots of time to get better, but most pf these others havent raced before, so I was a little bent that I didnt do better, the Grils on the Rappy andthe Vforce rode VERY well and I did congratulate them both for doing so well.After all, wer are out ther to have fun ........
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So , tongiht Im going to go out and tear it up with the guys, maybe This will make my sorry azz run a little faster....
LOL here are my pics http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289074187&idx=5

Old 09-21-2003, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

I did ALOT better tonight!!!! I switched out my rear tamers for a set of hoosiers and hooked up on the blue groove soooooooo much better.... Tongiht I took home a 2nd place ..Tonight was simply a dispacement issue.This track is a very fast track so keeping up is hard, I managed to hoelshot off the line EVERY time and had the lead about half way and ist motot I hung in until the last three laps before they rushed me......Overall was a damn good race. The short track for winter will be more competitive since power will play less issue and more techque will be involved. ....Tina

Quick Reply: my flattrack race this wk end...Womens flattrack...any advice?