ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

my flattrack race this wk end...Womens flattrack...any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my flattrack race this wk end...Womens flattrack...any advice?

well, this will be my first time racing with the ladies.So Im totally stoked!!! I am clueless what to expect with the ladies Ive only rode with the guys..So Im a bit nervous.. Any last minute advice.my Race is this Fri the 19th. Thanks! Tina [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow, that's so cool. I'm racing next year. I found a womens class also that I can Race. If you're like me and learned to ride hard with the guys then you should'nt have any worries. Good luck Tina! Kick a$$

Old 09-16-2003, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mesohrny
Wow, that's so cool. I'm racing next year. I found a womens class also that I can Race. If you're like me and learned to ride hard with the guys then you should'nt have any worries. Good luck Tina! Kick a$$
Thanks for the encouragement!!!!! So are you going to race as well???? BTW....Dig the user name...LOL
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2003, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

hey I C you also have Pro Armour nefs. How you liken them? I love mine!

Old 09-16-2003, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

i've got some tips that can help you if you are willing to read them.

tip#1:air up your rear tires to the air pressure that you run them at and take a measuring tape and place it in the middle of the tire and wrap it all the way around the tire getting the circumrerence of the tire.which ever tire is taller put it on the right side for better turning in the corners.

tip#2:if you are runnung on a slightly banked track and you have artermarket aarms that have a camber adjustment on them adjust the right front tire to lean to the left a little bit so the whole bottom of the tire will be on the track instead of just 75 to 80 % of the tire.this will also help you turn better to the left.

tip#3:if you don't have a camber adjustment on your aarms you can just adjust your tierod to where the right front tire is turning left at a very slight angle,but not so much that you can't hold it in the straightaways.

tip#4:if you have time to practice before you race and you feel your left rear coming off the ground in the corners add air prassure to the right front to push it back on the ground.
if your left front wants to come up with you off the corners add air pressure to the right rear to help push it back to the ground.

tip#5:i always start out my quad with 10lbs of pressure in both right side tires and 9 in the left rear and 8 in the left front.if you have time to practice start out with these tire pressures and see how the quad feels.if any of the things happen that i mentioned in tip#4 adjust accordingly.if the quad is hooking up to good in the corners and tends to be a little tight add pressure to the rear tires to loosen it up.if the rear end wants to come around on you in the corners adjust the tire pressure down in the rears to tighten the quad up a little bit.

tip#6:always keep your right side tires with more air pressure that your left side.a good handling quad can beat a horsepower quad anyday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

and if any of these tips help you and you win i want to see a pic of the trophy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2003, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

I wasnt sure if I should still use tire pressure differences since I have a sway bar or not.So I sohuld? Last year I done just what you said. sligh tilt to one shock and tire pressure actually set here for 5-6 lbs in rear, ill do just that and make one tire with more air and measure it up....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] this is a short track,but afast running track. I have got a little practice on it dry, never with it wett I will get one pratcie run before the race, I do know that they run Hooseir mostly here but this is thelast race for the summer track so I will be using mainly Turf Tamers on the VERY small short track this fall. We have a TT ttrack being built that will be ready iin March..FINALLY., a track thatwont make us feel like sardines.........lol......... Ill email you a few of my pics if you like if and when I win......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Tina

Old 09-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

OMG...... I just saw yourt pics in your profiel.Taht is the sweetest Rappy I have ever seen!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2003, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

I wasnt sure if I should still use tire pressure differences since I have a sway bar or not.So I sohuld?
yes, you still adjust your tire pressure if you have a swaybar.

OMG...... I just saw yourt pics in your profiel.Taht is the sweetest Rappy I have ever seen!!!!!!!!
thanks,it's for sale if you want to spread the word.the facts are in my signature.

Old 09-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hi Tina,
I don't have any advise to offer. I just wanted to wish you luck and I hope you have a great time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
~Lisa

Old 09-16-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

BTW....Dig the user name...LOL
you two getting 'so horny' together is fine with me! j/k

tip#1: Go faster than the other girls, you'll prob. win.

Quick Reply: my flattrack race this wk end...Womens flattrack...any advice?