ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

harescramble workouts

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harescramble workouts

hey guys im 15, 5'10", 125 lbs...i need a good workout that i could do for harescrambles...im in fball, wrestling, golf, and baseball so i dont have all the time in the world to be training...if anybody would have good ideas or any idea at all for workouts that i could be doing, it would be greatly appreciated...also, is a twist throttle or thumb throttle better for a quad?

Old 11-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

just ride everyday if possible

Old 11-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Trailblazer

i do..but i mean like weightlifting, or anything special riding techniques that would improve my skill

Old 11-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Super Quad Patrol

seems like a good forearm and hand/thumb workout would help

Knees, shoulders, and lower back take a lot of abuse,,,might want to focus there too

Old 11-02-2003, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

The best way to train for a HS is just to ride!! With all the sports you are in, you should be in decent shape. You just need to be able to go the distance which means good cardiovascular and well toned muscles, not necessarily big muscles. Practice riding for 2 hrs. straight and you should have a good feel for what areas need the most work. I occasionally jog, or bicycle as I’m not involved in the sports anymore. Just stay in shape and ride when you can. I tried to make it to the fort dodge races as I really wanted to see the track! I got a chance to walk it during 12 hours while I was helping teams in the pits. Iowa has a crappy harescramble district for quads, that’s why I drive all the way to Minnesota just for some good competition!

Old 11-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was also wondering the same thing, only about mx racing. I ride everyday, or try to, and am looking for weight training workouts. does anyone have any info on those?? i try to run some too. my main concern and one that i experience a lot is, how do i decrease arm pump?? my arms seem to get so tired and i feel as if i can just hold on. any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks brad

Old 11-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure about MX training, but most likely the best training for that is definately laps...that way you can practice jumps, corners, and landings while you workout. To reduce arm pump, just make sure your suspension is set correctly. Then do everything you can to the steering system to reduce engine vibration....ie, softer grips, aftermarket handlebars, anti-vibe steering stem, steering dampner to reduce bump steer. All these things are spendy but help alot. And you just need to try and stay relaxed on the machine. Put more of your weight on the pegs and seat, let your body help you out in the corners!

Old 11-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Trailblazer

Bradracer18, Besides Riding as hard as you can with out taken Pit stop brakes every 15mins after ridding. You could try when your home & watching TV Just take a piece of broom handle about 16" long and tie a good string about 3' long with a 10 pounds weight tied to the other end of the string , Then roll up the string with the broom handle just like a twist Throtle then un-roll, then when you finnish un-rolling keep turning in the same direction to bring the wieght back up, do this as long as you can, and you should get arm pump pretty fast . Besides this all I can say is Ride like Hell and don't look back

Pudljumpr.....Nice pics you got, I still have a few pictures to waste before I develope my film then Try to learn how to scan them, Sam Showed me how a while ago but memory loss , I not a computer genuise Just know the vary basics, but I'm Learning. No word on Banquet yet eh?

---------------------------------

1985 LT's Antique that still starts and just does not want to die.

# 19 in District #23 Quad HareScrambles
Gaetan Galarneau
---------------------------------

Old 11-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Those are awesome 12 hr. pics you got there bart! Makes me so excited I can hardly wait for it next year. We'll have to see if French Guy wants to ride with me...we'll have to teach him how to ride a 4-stroke with a thumb throttle...lol! EH?

Old 11-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol

yep, sweet Bartlett

Do you need another pilot for your team?

Quick Reply: harescramble workouts