ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

where are the lt's

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where are the lt's

In racing why have the honda 250r's lasted so long, while the suzuki lt250rs have all but vanished from the scene?

Old 12-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think the LT was a great MX quad. Also, the aftermarket parts never kept up with the LT the way they did on the R. LT's are a dying breed.

Old 12-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

the 250r lasted so long because the design proved itself on every race course and aftermarket got behind it because the demand (and $$$$) was there.
the LT had issues with the frame geometry from the beginning, they were great on a TT track and OK at XC. later years even had a great engine, but the demand for aftermarket parts never caught up with that of the honda... and thus, the LT has almost the same aftermarket parts available, but nowhere near as many makers... sometimes you have to research to find what you need. the demand continues to drop as they grow older... i'm not saying they were bad, they are very fast machines, i had a '91 LT that ripped & i had some sweet mods i'd done... but decided to move on to something different, i still love the 2-stroke power & zip.