ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Will Dirt Wheels ever have a YFZ450 pipe shoot out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Dirt Wheels ever have a YFZ450 pipe shoot out?

call yamaha dealers are full of crap

Old 02-15-2004, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 5150tom
I've been waiting since June for the pipe shoot out! I want to get a Sparks but I live in California and I don't know what the dicipal level is.
call sparks, they should know.

It is loud but I love it.

Geoff.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Just some useful (or maybe not) info for all you Duncan Fatboy4 pipe users out there. If you want to or need to quiet it down the Yoshimura TEC caps will fit in the Duncan pipe. The TEC kit comes with a medium and quiet tip. They will mount right up to the Duncan pipe if you use the Duncan turndown.

RR1

Old 03-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

I want them to dyno my pipe!!! LOL!!!

We (me and Weller Racing) made my stock pipe a shorty pipe and took out all the restrictions.......it's LOUD and I got 2nd over the entire field in both of my first holeshots (that race was my first ride!) this weekend! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Actually - I think we are going to dyno it compared to a few other pipes.......just for curiosity's sake!! It's different looking - it's loud - and it's free - that's why I like it!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

SHORTY PIPE 1

SHORTY PIPE 2

SHORTY PIPE 3

Old 03-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Ridley
Here's the link Biased pipe shootout Here you'll see the sparks pipe, which IMO is the best raptor pipe, finished nowhere near the top. All rappy owners know how restrictive the airbox is on the rap, so letting a couple pipes run the proflow with no lid was worth at least a couple of hp, and dirtwheels surely knew this and still permitted it. If they let this happen, what other things do they tweak during the tests? makes ya wonder. I think I'll stick to the real world tests from now on, and throw the shootouts in the trash where they belong.
The reason that some were run with the proflow and no lid was because the pipe came with the filter and the instructions to run no lid. I readily admit that this will skew the results quite a bit. The shootouts are biased but they do provide a good ballpark to look at. As you owned a ct I would expect that you know they do put out good hp. They may not be the best pipe for the raptor, but they are definately in the top 5, imo. Its hard to have a real world test of so many pipes on the same dyno and same bike at the same time. Its just not practical. So what I do is take the shootout with a grain of salt and use the comments to help narrow my decisions.