ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

GNCC race.!.!.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GNCC race.!.!.

Originally posted by: rancor
I have watched it on TV a bit. i cant wait to try it.
You must not have seen last years Florida race on TV. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default GNCC race.!.!.

I'd like to give a high five to Mr. Anth.
We get so many that have not raced and have the attitude that they are going to kick major butt the first time out. Instead Mr. Anth has been asking questions and going to watch a few races to educate himself first.
I'm sure with his positive attitude, in time he will be a great racer.
Enjoy the view following Traci Cecco and Stephany Parton. They're fast! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Be safe and have fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default GNCC race.!.!.

The GNCC Series is awesome! I have been racing the series since 2000 in several different classes. This year I will be competing in the Stock Class on my Z400 and eventually I will be switching to the Honda 450R.

Don't hold back because you don't think you could run strong the whole race or finish well. Just go out and race for fun the first couple and get yourself prepared to be competitive when you are ready. There are plenty of friendly racers at every event to help you out with getting ready for the race.

I hope to see some of you guys in Texas or Florida. I am GNCC #70

Old 01-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Range Rover
Default GNCC race.!.!.

LT80, I dont think i understand what your saying? whats wrong with going out there and thinking your gonna kick major butt? isnt that the point of racing? i mean if i wanted to just cruse around i would go on a trail ride. even if i had the time AND money to drive to a gncc race just to watch, I still wouldnt. I would race. there is nothing wrong with going there for the first time to race. dont be a newbie hater

Old 01-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default GNCC race.!.!.

Thanks to you GNCC vets that have responded (and thanks to anth for posting the question) - I'm definitely going to either the Kentucky or one of the two Ohio races this year to check it out. Maybe I can get my a*s in shape before next year to actually try it - it sure sounds fun. Any Do's and Dont's you might be able to add are much appreciated!

Best of luck to all of you on your races this year.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default GNCC race.!.!.

Rancor: No newbie hater here! We all have to start somewhere.
plz allow me to explain:: I started racing, didnt educate myself, didnt watch,plan, nothing. Didnt need to, I was there to race and kick butt! So I go around the track, end up nosing into a jump that shouldn't be doubled and hurt myself for months.Not happy with that, I went back to kick butt again. next thing I knew they were calling me "one lap Jack" I couldn't get a lap in without tires pointing up. I then retired for a few years till I could figure out how to make it around the track w/o a crash and burn.I then came out of retirement with an attitude. Smart attitude that is.I now see checkered with a smile on my face.
IMO::You cannot expect to kick butt.There are much better racers than you and I out there and thinking that we can beat them is un-realistic at best.SURE go race, but respect the expierienced riders and you will learn from them.Next thing you know, you will be kicking butt!
No offence meant [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Range Rover
Default GNCC race.!.!.

lol, trust me, i know Im not going to win, and i have praticed, asked a crap load of questions that are probably elementary to most racers. i have watched it on TV, read about it anywhere I can. but i am going there to race.

lol one lap jack. I like that one. hopefully Ill see you at the races this year

Old 01-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default GNCC race.!.!.

I have to agree w/ LT80 here, Your 1st priorty and goal should be to just finish the race and not be concerned where you place if youve never ran it before, lots of ppl get hurt by trying to ride over their heads and keep the pace of the faster guys and it just gives those who dont like our sport more "ammo", just be safe ..and use your head, Good luck to all of you!!