ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event @ Goldendale, WA!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event!)

bump...

Old 02-24-2004, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

anyone have dates on when they open longview's GP course for practice and when do they have races?? looking for the gp course not the motocross course, does wasagual(sp) have a GP course????

Old 02-24-2004, 06:23 AM
Pro Rider

longview open practice is 9-dusk mon-sunday except race days as far as i know... they have been working on the track some to get it ready for the WORCS races
they have a harescramble with quads TBA scheduled on May 16th.... i think they want to run quads to see how it's going to work before the WORCS races get there. i think they better know before they show up for a BIG race.
get more info here: longviewmx.com

washougal has a XC course, but it's only open occasionally, january 1st for the jones creek motorcycle club's 'hangover harescrambles' & previously the WORCS races were there. washougal has issues with the community around it that it's sorting out, mainly due to noise. they have lost the WORCS races & the outdoor AMA MX national because of all the regulations & red tape.... other tracks are taking note & starting to enforce sound checks more all across the country.

Old 02-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

hey dual, techtip101 called down to longview and actually talked to the owner of the track and he was telling him that they cant have a open practice unless it is a scheldule practice for a upcoming race. there is no longer a open practice because there was a report out today with the number of quad related deaths. he siad it was the way you said but the insurance wont let them ride there unless it is for a race or for a upcoming race. kinda a bummer deal i think. how do you get better when you have a very linited time to practice.

now i wanna know if goldendale is going to have march 20th open for us to practice???!!! i am really looking forward to that race.

let me know if you know difference

Old 02-25-2004, 05:46 AM
Pro Rider

i'm pretty sure that goldendale will be open the 20-21 if not there's a lot of quad guys going that are going to be 'UPSET' (for better words) at thier gates.

you're not alone in wanting more places to practice... this is one of many goals of a new club, the washington ATV club (W.A.C.) it's ATVA affilited & just had it's first meeting, the next meeting is 3/18 6:30 PM @ RMC in renton. a numer of the members are racers, including myself, and we all need places to ride & practice too. however, the club is not only about racing, it's about all aspects of ATVing & they invite all washington ATV riders to be a part. if we are going to be succesful at getting & keeping places to ride/practice open, we need to be organized & professional about it...

Old 02-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: bighonda there is no longer a open practice because there was a report out today with the number of quad related deaths. he siad it was the way you said but the insurance wont let them ride there unless it is for a race or for a upcoming race. kinda a bummer deal i think. how do you get better when you have a very linited time to practice.
let me know if you know difference
I still don't understand why the insurance companies raise rates for quads to race. EVERY racer has to sign a release form that states the track is not responsible and not held liable for any crashes/injuries that can occur. They do not have to pay for damages to quads, they do not have to pay for medical bills. Sorry, this issue really irritates me and I could probably go off on a three page rant regarding the insurance stuff, but I won't. I have called around to try and find out why the insurance companies do this, and of course I don't get real answers, just a lot of b.s. and skirting the issues. Maybe I will have to bring this up at the next WAC meeting. Ok, I'm done now....

Old 02-27-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

I will be down at that meeting at rmc. i would really like to see more track open up for quads and lets us practice at our own risk. If you allow quads to practice on certain dates, that will only help grow the market of racing out here. if you only let us ride the track on race days, how do you improve, it takes alot of time and money and mind to get better. i think most of us will be willing to sign a "ride at your own risk" waiver, i know we do already but something needs to be done. I just really hope that on march 20th we are able to ride at goldendale. I know that next weekend they are having a WORCS race, anyone have info on that race. i might go and begin last and finishlast, i dont care i just wanna race!!!!!

Old 02-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

bighonda check out worcsracing.com they have all the rules for the series onthe site, although some aren't as clear as others. ask away & i'll try to help out... i'm going to run vet B & production B.

check out quadsonly.com there's a list of races in the NW... go to events

also- march 7th is a harescrambles at horn rapids ORV... desert type race

Old 03-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

*Bump!*

Old 03-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event @ Goldendale, WA!)

I will also be racing the WORCS are Vet-B and Production-B at Goldendale on the 27th & 28th.

Tbull97 will also be racing the WORCS Sport and Production-B this will be his first sanctioned race event. I tried to talk him into a beginner class but I think he just wants to race against me. Witch is fine. But I think he would get better results in Production-C class.

Bighonda
Also now that you have that cool carbon fiber GYT-R pipe on the rappy at Goldendale they will be enforcing 99db limit for the Goldendale WORCS race.
I just picked up the Quiet end cap for the GYT-R on the YFZ, is says that with it in it's 96db.

We (RaptorChick & Racer-X) are going to Goldendale for a practice on the 20th.

Quick Reply: Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event @ Goldendale, WA!)