ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event @ Goldendale, WA!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro GP Race

There will be a team Euro GP race at Goldendale, WA.
This is a quad only event!!!
Here is what's going on....

Pro class: 2 riders $100.00 per team
Expert Class 2 riders $60.00 per team
Amateur class 4 riders max per team. $30.00 per rider.
Utility Class 4 riders max per team. $30.00 per rider.

We will have plaques or trophies for the Amateur classes. 100% payback for pros. We are going to have hats and T-shirts to throw out also.

On Saturday there is a MX play day. $20.00 per person ride untill your arms fall off. There will be more specifics this week. The flier will be posted on the web. Tell everyone.

April 24 MX playday
April 25 Quads Grand Prix. 6.5 mile loop. Start at 10:00 done at 2:00 and should be out of there by 3:30.

This is the track where they are holding race 4 of the WORCS series.
You can click here to see a description of the track and a great arial picture.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Euro GP Race (Quad only event!)

Bump!

Old 01-27-2004, 06:04 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

looking forward to it

Old 01-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

is there db limits on exhaust pipes?

Old 01-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Bing,
I doubt it. The only track in WA that I have heard about them having a db limit is at Washougal.
Goldendale is pretty much out in the sticks so I don't think they have to worry about making the neighbors mad like at Washougal.

Old 01-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

This info was originally posted by dual-sporter on another thread. This is very informative and I think it should be posted here as well.....
__________________________________________________ _______________________
i just thought i'd chime in on how the tag team thing works, i watched them do it with the dirtbikes when i was there at the september euro GP. for teams, you need 2-4 persons(your choice) you can ride 1-4 machines, again- your choice... so if you have a buddy that doesn't have a quad but wants to go, they can if you'll let them ride yours.... i think they are pretty lax on this issue actually. in the start, the team picks whoever will be thier 1st rider( who gets into the starting/staging lines) & the others line up at the location where they change riders... you can have water, etc. for the riders who are waiting & resting there... i believe you can have a gas can there too... you burn a lot of gas at race pace. i'm sure they'll explain it in much better detail at the riders meeting before the race... BTW don't miss the riders meeting at a race like this, you need to know what happens, when & how. (i may not be exactly correct.)

now how they scored it(i expect it to be the same).... it's actually really simple.
they attach a water & mud proof tag, with the teams info on it, to a scrunchee(soft elastic thing that is usually used to hold long hair in a pony tail but is worn as a bracelet in this case) with a zip-tie... this tag is passed as a 'baton' of sorts from rider to rider when they trade off. during the lap the rider passes through a check point that the tag gets a punch... the # of punches indicates the # of laps. then after the race is done, they turn in the tag & scrunchee to get scored & placed as they come in from the final laps... but remember for your lap to count, you have to pass the tag!!!
for solo races, they have the rider attach a tag with his info on it to his bars with a zip-tie & it gets puched the same way
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Old 01-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Here is a flyer with all the details about this race.

Goldendale Euro GP/XC Race

Old 02-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event!)

bump!

Old 02-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like it is a nice and fun track. Four hours is a long time to ride a race.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2004, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider

if you can make it, definitely go! it will be a great time for all! tell all your riding friends too! word is spreading like fire here in the NW... there are already a ton of riders committed to racing in it, some even beginners & non-racers(this will be thier 1st). we need our own XC race scene here in the NW, and not just reading about it happening out east in the magazines!

can we count you in too?

Quick Reply: Euro GP/XC Race (Quad only event @ Goldendale, WA!)