ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Any Races In the Houston or Dallas, TX AREA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Races In the Houston or Dallas, TX AREA?

I'm from Houston Texas. Was wanting to run my four wheeler in a 4-Stoke class.

I'm in the middle of mods on it. Already tried the spray on it and love it. But like anything else its not enough. Tearing the motor down soon to get port work done on the head and add a stroker kit. Also adding pippes. I think it should be pretty competitive. By the way its a 2001 Yamaha Warrior...

If anyone could let me know if they have these atv drag races somewhere around my area i would appreciate it, or even just some in texas?

Old 02-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

Aledo TX on June 19th, details will be posted as we get closer. The classes aren't set in stone but it sounds like you will be running in the

Class 2: Small bore modified gas class, 0-426cc, Motor and chassis are
allowed external bolt ons and any piston, cams, valves, porting. No
big bore/stroke. (400ex, Suz/Kaw/A.C. 400, Warrior class)

Not sure what NOS would do to you, I'll check. If there's enough interest, a small bore open class could be created.

Old 02-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the west side of H'town, there is a drag strip near Sealy, TX that I've heard allows quads to race on their 1/8 mile (paved) drag strip. I think the quads and MCs race each other in one class on Friday nights. I've never been there, but heard it is fun. You can find more info at www.lonestarraceway.com

If you decide to enter your warrior in cross-country racing, there is a new Houston area race series that starts up in March. You can find more info at www.atvccs.com I plan to race my P650 in the atvccs Houston series (aka south division). Good luck with your mods!

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2004, 01:18 AM
Range Rover

Thanks guys,

I know the Owner of Lone Star Raceway personally. He advertises his track on my website "Wheelsup.net". His name is Glenn and is a nice guy.

Old 02-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

I checked with the guys setting up the Aledo Trailer Park drags. If you bring that drag Warrior to Aledo in Jun, you'll have to leave the bottle at home if you want to run with similar displacement quads. If you're getting 100 HP out of it with spray though, feel free to enter it in the unlimited class:-)

Old 02-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheelsup,

FYI: There is a big event coming up in Galveston during Sept 2004. The event is called The Lone Star Rally (more info at www.lonestarrally.com). This event used to be for MCs only, but this year they invited ATVs to come out and drag race, etc. They plan to have 3.5 miles of beach to do ATV races, sand drags, mx, mud drags, shows contests, etc. for 4 days, September 23-26.

The Lone Star Rally drew 85000 bikes last year and 180,000 spectators. They expect 250,000 this year. The city will build out the tracks and contest areas at their expense, then tear it all down when it's over,,, The city will block off the whole strand area and only allow bikes, ATVS AND PEDESTRIANS. tHIS IS A MAJOR MILESTONE FOR atvS. iF THE CITY FEELS WE DID THEM RIGHT, WE WILL BE INVITED TO DO THIS EVERY YEAR.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]