ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

GNC ROUND 1 WHAT DID YOU THINK???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GNC ROUND 1 WHAT DID YOU THINK???

I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT PRO RACE EVEN IF ELLIS WOULD HAVE LOST. I THINK THE EAST COAST SHOWED US WEST COASTERS THEY ARE BETTER FOR NOW. I ALSO THINK THEY BETTER WATCH OUT NEXT YEAR BECAUSE NOW WE HAVE HAD A TASTE OF WHAT THEY GET ALL THE TIME...

Old 02-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

how about a run down?

Old 02-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

It was great to see all those quads out there. I say it was a 50/50 among west and east racers. I am sure glad Kory Ellis won the pro event. Mike Walsh had an awesome KTM quad that was faster than any other quad out there. The builder claim that quad puts out over 63 H.P to the rear tires. I saw a couple of sandbaggers but thats national caliber racing. I hope the GNC comes back next year.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

that cool can't wait to see walsh's ktm at our first race!

I love sandbaggers at the GNC@ southwick most of the open B and some of the open A riders droped to the C class, me and the leader were still alone in front! they all get theres in the end!

Old 02-11-2004, 04:15 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

I thought it was pretty good also. The wind sucked really bad but besides that I had a good time. I raced all my motos Saturday without rear brakes and finally got the problem fixed for Sundays motos to only eat $hit off the start in Production A. Oh well I still managed to finish 11th overall with chunks of meat missing from my arm and hip. I think the east coast guys are faster but like phildampier said its what we are use to. Also I thought all the Cali people were extremely nice. Hopefully we will go back to Glen Helen next year.

WP- How did you end up and what class did you race?

Old 02-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad that yokkely opened up with a win i'd like to see him win it this year,but borich and ballance will always be there.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

Glad all the left coast guys had a good time. We did not get to make this one was not because we did not want to. As far as someone one saying it was about 50/50 east coast west coast guys there well the real count was 120 east coast riders out of the 450+ there. The talk here in the east is if some of west guys make a effort to run a few races in the east this year they(east) will make more of a effort to go west next year. Also if any of you guys have any pull with the track i think if they make the race next year in June and not Feb. alot more of us can make that long haul.

Trending Topics

Old 02-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

Oh wow - that many of us were locals?? That's awesome!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] June would be getting up towards the warmer side, but it should still be decent weather in Cali. I raced there in August and it still only got to about 95 (which for us Arizona people is like springtime!)....lol! I think a lot of people really enjoyed that race, and I am sure there are racers who are now seriously considering coming out East for some more races that normally wouldn't have before.......so....hopefully you guys will have increased turnouts this year from us West coast people! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

i just got back last night, we spent a 1-1/2 days at glamis after the race.

we all had a great time & watching the pro races was awesome. the hillclimb they had to do looked wicked!
personaly, i got my tail kicked in the class i ran(open C), both motos i got out to a bad start & got out-ridden both times... i don't know if there were sandbaggers, i couldn't catch them.... the second moto i stalled my engine at the gate.

Old 02-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

HEY!!!! I raced you in the Open C class!!!! You're the Gas Gas guy!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] COOL!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You must have seen me hit the ground in the first moto then!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The track was rough as hell, wasn't it?? Still a super fun race though....yeah...there were some seriously fast guys in our class!!! Good racing!! Anytime you can go home without breaking any bones, it's good racing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: GNC ROUND 1 WHAT DID YOU THINK???