ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

dusty raptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dusty raptor

Q- how come everybody that rides a raptor has to eat banshee dust????????????

A- Because the banshee is the best quad ever made!!!!!

Old 02-18-2004, 08:31 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default dusty raptor

Originally posted by: jambone972
Because the banshee is the best quad ever made!!!!!
LOL

Old 02-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default dusty raptor

thats got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

nice 2nd post!

Old 02-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default dusty raptor

That is by far the most informative, educational post I have EVER seen in all my life.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default dusty raptor

the reason it eats some banshees dust is because thos banshees that beat it have 15000 dollars dropped into the engine and they are good for one thing and one thinig only full out drag. id like to see a banshee out do a raptor in the mountain. wont be done. (im talking stock to stock) and also stock to stock a banshee doesnt rape a raptor. alot of it depends on the driver and you should know that

Old 02-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default dusty raptor

Originally posted by: pinheadedjoker
the reason it eats some banshees dust is because thos banshees that beat it have 15000 dollars dropped into the engine and they are good for one thing and one thinig only full out drag. id like to see a banshee out do a raptor in the mountain. wont be done. (im talking stock to stock) and also stock to stock a banshee doesnt rape a raptor. alot of it depends on the driver and you should know that
15,000 thats next to impossible. I'd barely take more than 1,500 to take your. But what ever you want to believe. HAHAHAHAHA.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default dusty raptor

lets thing about it..
cost of your "2004 limited edi. shee" =_____
all the mods.. labor..
and maitinence.. right?? have to fix it a few times a year..
tell you what if u think about it your shee is only good for the dunes hurray for you!

Old 02-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default dusty raptor

First off who ever made this was makeing a joke. RELAX

Second off the cost of buying a raptor is more then a banshee. Also I have less then $800 in my shee, you have way more in yours then I do. If I got a $300 port and polsh alone you would have a serious race on you hands. Wether you want to believe it or not. If you read what you wrote you said that they have 15,000 in the ENGINE. But even if you ment the entire bike subtract 6000 for LE or 5900 for regular and thats $9,000 You will kill a modded raptor with half that. For 5,000 in engine mods a heavly modded raptor would get smoked.

As for maintenance there's no more in my shee then you have in your raptor except I change the case oil more often. Big deal 1.5 quarts of 10w-30. At least you have to buy a $10 filter. And what do I have to fix a few times a year? Ok maybe a top end ever 3-6 years. Thats $300.

As for only being good at the dunes thats a joke. I'd be taking turns at speeds that would have that raptor tipping over.

Finally yes the shee may not be the best at everything but at least it's the best at something. It is a FACT that the banshee is the BEST for drags and dunes. But the raptor is a marginal second and best for noting but maybe wheelies, I guess......

The banshee has held it's own as being the best at what it does for 17 years what other atv can say that. None, the raptor was created to nock the banshee off it's thrown but it failed. If this wasn't true they shortly wouldn't have came out with the YFZ-450.

Let's face it the raptor is a decent quad but it'll never be more then a runner up anywhere.

Old 02-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dusty raptor

Originally posted by: 2004LEBANSHEE
First off who ever made this was makeing a joke. RELAX

6000 for LE or 5900 for regular and thats $9,000 You will kill a modded raptor with half that. For 5,000 in engine mods a heavly modded raptor would get smoked.

The banshee has held it's own as being the best at what it does for 17 years what other atv can say that. None, the raptor was created to nock the banshee off it's thrown but it failed. If this wasn't true they shortly wouldn't have came out with the YFZ-450.

Let's face it the raptor is a decent quad but it'll never be more then a runner up anywhere.
First off, I thought the LE bikes were 200 bucks more than normal bikes, msrp diff anyway.

Second, the raptor was never designed to "knock the banshee off its throne". Both are made by yamaha if you didnt already know... The raptor was designed to compete in the sport 4 stroke market, mainly to dethrone the 400ex and compete with the ds. Others followed, but the raptor remains near the top of the 4 stroke pack. It is one of the best woods machines, in many riders opinions, THE BEST woods machine due to its reverse, small track, and gobs of torque. It is also an excellent drag vike compared to other 4 strokes, having much more potential than all but possibly the ds.

Banshees are great machines, but dont get too full of yourself. Drags and dunes are the bikes main arenas. Some have had success in the xc and mx circuits, but only a very few as there are better bikes out there for these purposes.

Old 02-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default dusty raptor

exactly that has been what i have been trying to say im not partial to raptors i love banshees and i think they are by far the best bike for the dunes. but you gotta admit there is a limited amount of things they can do

Quick Reply: dusty raptor