ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Kendra Klaws?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kendra Klaws?

I am considering a set of 6 ply klaws for hare scrambles. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with them? Like how well they slide in turns and their hook-up compared to other tires.

Old 02-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kendra Klaws?

I had them on my raptor and personally did not like them. I have only heard good reviews from other forum members but I didn't see much improvement over stock. I love my holeshots, they hook up and slide better than my klaws did.

Old 02-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kendra Klaws?

I love them. The forward traction hooks up better than many of the sport tires I've tried. I've used them in harescrambles and like them a lot better than razrs!! For a raptor, they may be a little harder if the rappy is stock with it's high cg, but for your Z, they will handle perfectly. And if the conditions get wet, flip them 1/2 around for even better forward traction, although you sacrifice some of the braking ability of the rear end. They are great tires and a lot cheaper to. I have heard nothing but good things and have had nothing but great experience with them!!

Old 02-29-2004, 06:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kendra Klaws?

Hi from what I here the claws are really good. I was going to buy some but the mud lites were cheaper and not as heavy so I went with them. If the claws were cheaper I would have got them. Almost everyone who has claws seems to like them :]

good luck.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer
Default Kendra Klaws?

I have been considering getting the Kenda Klaws as well for my 400 scrambler. I just got a sweet deal on a set of aluminum wheels for the bike and plan to put the Klaws on them for "summer" riding on sand, rocky, and hard pack gravel surfaces (mainly trails) so I think they should perform well for what I am going to be using them for. I can get them for $225 shipped from Rocky Mountain for the Klaws and the prices are similar for Titan 489's so I think I am gonna go with the Klaws.

When I mount these tires (if i get them) should I mount them so the V patten is facing forward (like how the V <--- shape normally looks) or backwards? since I will be riding on various types of conditions.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kendra Klaws?

Hybrid,
If you have a 4x4 and want 4x4 capability, the kenda fronts won't be a great pulling tire when that wheel is turning. However you could turn them 1/2 around in front and that would help. On the rear, the design is such that they are multidirectional. One way is for hard-medium terrain, flip them 1/2 around and they are for medium-soft. The arrows are molded right on the tire!! Maybe go a claw rear and titan front combo so you can utilize your 4x4. I don't know how much mud you ride in, but if you get teh kenda fronts, turn them 1/2 around and your 4x4 should find decent grip for the front to help pull you through...but like I said, not a mud combination, but will be an awesome trail set-up for verying terrain!

Old 03-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kendra Klaws?

Thanks Pudljumper,

I will mainly be riding on old logging roads and trails that are composed of hardpack dirt and gravel, I run into a couple stretches of sand and some occassional mudholes of areas with water (but I usually will speed up and hydroplane over it if I see it ahead of time).

My tire choices were between the Kenda Klaws, Razor2's or some 489xt's, and I am leaning toward the Klaws after reading all of the good reviews concerning price, durability and the tread pattern. One concern I have is that the Klaws have the yellow lettering on them and if i run different style tire up front then the fronts will be blackwalled and rears will have the yellow logo on them and it will look like crap (personal preference). Do the Klaws just have the lettering on one side of the tire or on both??

Trending Topics

Old 03-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Range Rover
Default Kendra Klaws?

I order some klaws for my raptor from rocky mt. to and ive been wait for them for about 2 months . They said the tires are on back order. I think the tire are all black, i think.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kendra Klaws?

The yellow lettering is on both sides of the tires. If you mix and match, it won't look like crap. If you're that worried about it, pull out your black rattle can and fix it!

Old 03-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kendra Klaws?

Well I am gonna get the Klaws all around for my scrammy. If I get into the mud I will just have to take the chance they will grip enough to pull me through. I think they will be fine for the conditions I will be riding on though since I don't run into that much mud.

Quick Reply: Kendra Klaws?