ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Racing questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing questions

I agree with Bartlett.....twist is way too dangerous, especially in these types of racing, where you have lots of power and sometimes not a lot of speed, and tight corners, where the possibility of falling off is always there.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

I have won numerous woods races with a twist throttle. I hated it when I first got it but once you get some seat time it becomes second nature. I would say 90% of the people who race hearescrambles around me use a twist. People with thumb throttles get tired after 1 lap but the guys with twists just keep on truckin'! It can be tricky though so ATVGURL maybe you should ride a quad with a twist throttle first and see if you can handle it. If you can there are numerous benefits.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

By the way BRADRACER18 I just looked at your picture page, you guys have airboats up in Iowa? I've got one down here in Florida but I didn't know you had them up there. It's a 12X7 Thurman "dry" hull with a 300hp angle-valve Lycoming aircraft engine.

Old 04-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

Cool....yeah that is our boat "the John Deere Boat" it has a Double air plane prop, and is powered by a Ford 460 with cobra jet heads and is built to the max.....the hull is a Night Hawk, built by Randy Graham.

Old 04-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

Thanks so much, you guys, for all the advice! Bartlett, thanks! Well.......the race was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I had SO much fun, I didn't get tired AT ALL, I could have kept going and going! I told myself I was just going to ride, not race and that made all the nervousness go away. I rode the best I possibly could, there wasn't one thing I could have done better (within my ability), so I was happy with my performance. I placed 2nd out of 5; and first place was Kim Muzzarelli who races GNCC, and races in the B class. So, for my first race and still on break-in period with my first sport quad, I was happy with 2nd. They had some scoring problems so I was recognized for 3rd, but I thought I was 2nd, so they checked it out and it was true. I had so much fun, I'm pretty sure I'm hooked! I had an AWESOME pit crew!! That was super helpful, I would have been nervous and stressed out if not, they took care of everything!

Thanks, again for all your advice!! I didn't know of a better place to go and ask [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

Look into a thumb throttle off a snowmobile. They are offset so you get a lot more leverage. My wife had problems with long rides driving an 800 cc that had three carbs. Not sure what they call them now, but really pulled easy, was on a Polaris.

Good luck with the raceing. Might see you guys in Macon, ga.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

ATVgurl rocks,,,,, lol,,,, she placed the best out of all the members of FD Racing! She did and excellant job for being on a totally bone stock 300EX! I need to do something about that!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The two Prairies were kicking azz until a tree brought the front end back to the tires on one and the other got a flat! Hey Ang,,,, tell the hubby I'm sorry I had my head up my azz when he came in with the flat,,, my screw up cost him first and it will not happen again! I have run through my head a million times what I should have done different and the easiest one was,,, just fill the damn thing back up with air,,, it was a slow leak!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I'm gonna talk with Bob to see what the scoop is on their 300ex and see what it will take to get all the goodies off it! Very good job you did!!!!!!! Oh, hey,,, where's my tape??? LOL!!!!!
Hey Bartlett,,,, one of your guys was there,,, I have a pic of the awards he wants,,,,,, let me know how to email it to him..... Thanks!!!!!

Old 04-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

Hey, Prairiewrench! Thanks! My pit crew rocked! I had so much fun! I will get your tape to you once I return to Iowa (I'm in Texas--guess I liked it so much during the 6 hour race that I came back)! For placing the best out of the whole team Sunday, I don't see "4 Prairies and a 300ex" in your signature!!! I know you haven't got around to it yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was very happy with my bone stock 300ex, but I wasn't going to win the holeshot like that! I could use some back tires! We want to practice soon, how's Saturday work for you? I can't wait until the next race!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!

Old 05-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Racing questions

hey atvgurl~ im kim~ that race was a BLAST funnest course ive ever rode! you did awesome!! that was the first race ive ever won first and first time i was on a podium ever!(felt like i was gonna fall off though) cant wait for brooks! keep up the great racin!! everyone in iowa was very nice cant wait to meet more people at the series!

Old 05-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Racing questions

Ok ATV Gurl, I have made the required changes to my signiture! LOL!!! I think we should run a 2 hour practice race May 8th ,,, what do you guys think!!!! Then go to the ATV Rodeo on Sunday! I need both of your quads so I can make a few required modifications before next weekend!

Kimmy, I sent you a pic of you on the podium, let me know if you get it! I will look through the other pics I have and see if there are any more with you in them!

Quick Reply: Racing questions