ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

ATV MAGS OR RAGS .......RAGS

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2000, 09:18 PM
prp
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its time atv mags strat helping the people that work the hardest to make this sport what it is. Open up a mx mag and what do ya see? Let me tell ya what I see. I see the thoes mags doing a great job of hyp and glory of there superstars. ATV MAGS barely cover atv racing. I think all of the atv mags could do a much better job of covering atv racing. I belive with the revenue that is generated by the aftermarket companys they would only gain from more coverage of local and national events. Most of all more coverage , glory and hype of our superstars.

Old 01-08-2000, 02:45 PM
Range Rover

Ok, I agree with you, magazines do lack coverage of ATV racing. I guess that they are focused on making money by promoting products and services that you and I as readers might buy, allowing them to charge more for the pages (and pages) of advertisments ... I belive they do this so they have plenty of profits allowing them to buy more TOYS! Then they get to tell us poor folks how great it is to ride a brand new quad in some cool places. (It just doesn't seem fair does it).

I would like to see the magazines agressively encourage manufacturers to sponsor race teams, expand and / or create additional racing circuits, and promote new track development. Would this give them enough new material to make it worth their while to cover ATV RACING?

In defense of the magazines it is important to point out that they do provide us with some worthwhile information: Product reviews (generally tested by their staff - lucky bums), and pages (and pages) of product advertisements - of which a few have sponsored ATV racing. They also allow some contacts, articles and pictures (aka: crumbs) for people that are not fortunate enough to "surf the web".

Is it my imagination, or does it seem that there is minimal (at best) coverage of any ATV events west of Colorado?

bhocker@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by quadnut (edited 01-08-2000).]

Old 01-12-2000, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

i live in SW Idaho and don't hear of many races around here at all!! i would be very interested in some x-country races if they were offered!

------------------
chris mattox 99 scrambler 400 4x4 / 98 300 express