ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Anyone want to RACE ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2000, 03:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to race. I want to watch ATV racing at a local track and see full coverage on the media... (no, I don't mean the "Pace quad wars"). I want a local ATV race track (or hell, even one within 200 or 300 miles of here). There are so many of us out here hungry for ATV racing and ATV events, isn't it time we speak up?

We need to aggressively encourage manufacturers to sponsor race teams, expand or create racing circuits, and promote new track development. If everyone contacted (via: email, snailmail, or phonecalls) the major ATV manufacturers; Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, etc., the Media; ESPN, Motoworld, local TV networks, and ATV magazines, wouldn't this show them that there are a lot of ATV addicts out here in "consumer land"?

Why don't we contact every company, business, and manufacturer that sponsors an ATV race, a ATV club or event, and just say Thanks for their support? What if we let the media giants know that we are here and we want ATV coverage? What if we contacted those that don't contribute to our sport (but they produce the products that we buy and yet they still keep all the profits), and said "Pssst, your competition is supporting our cause"; do you think they take notice?

If you notice a squeak or squeal from an axle, don't you "check it out" right away... I have noticed when searching for ATV websites that there are tens of thousands of ATV links...

I have heard that Kawasaki is sponsoring an ATV team.

Thanks for listening, fly safe.

Old 01-11-2000, 06:22 PM
Range Rover

I totally agree. I want our sport to grow and never stop. If all of us do our part and maybe take time to write a thoughtful letter to the major manufacturers or just visiting their websites and e-mailing them it would be a good idea. Every little bit helps.
......Freddie

Old 01-30-2000, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where do you live. They just opened a motocross track in weatherford Tx that lets atv race on it. There is also a big one in greenville that is atv only. I want to crosscountry my warrior but cant find an organization to do it in.
WARRIOR

------------------