ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

300EX racing hare scrambles...do i have a chance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300EX racing hare scrambles...do i have a chance?

hey guys.... im thinkin about racing my 300EX in hare scrambles..i thought about gettin a bigger bike but the 300 is small enough i figured i could through it around pretty easy so i kept it....now what do i have to do to get it raceable? like do you really need more power? or do you need more suspension? because i have heard of people that actually take stock power and use finely tuned suspension and actually dust everuyone else out there....any ideas or opinions on this? my motor is currently being redone by chad duvoll's engine builder *ya i have a few connections thats why i want to race lol* so i mean its gonna be a really good motor when its done..but after ig et it back what do i do? pipe and jet kit? what all can you do to a motor to get it faster on a budget? any ideas or opinions would be awesome...thanks guys!

Old 07-11-2004, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300EX racing hare scrambles...do i have a chance?

yah, so I'm not one of the "guys" who you were asking, but I do race and I race a 300ex. Our team has phrase regarding this and it's, "There's no replacement for displacement." I just started racing this year in the Iowa ATV Harescramble Series. There have been only three races so far and I have just about outgrown the 300. I borrowed someone's KFX400 for the last race and was very surprised at how much difference it made. In the harescrambles we've had so far, not much of the track can be taken wide open. There are so many places where low-end power and acceleration have been necessary. I agree with you, though, that the 300 is so small, it's easy to throw around and it's great in tight woods. While I've only had this quad 6 months and a new one isn't in the budget yet, the 300 actually does quite well. It sounds like you will have a nice machine when you get it back, you should try it out and see how you do before making too many changes. Our quads don't have much done to them right now. We figure we can save on the money and time in mods if we're already doing well. When we're not doing so well, my opinion may change [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]