ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Minnesota aftermarket atv parts store?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2000, 06:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been kick the idea around of starting an aftermarket atv parts distribution store/whrs.
I live here in Minnesota and am right on the outskirts of the Twin Cities. I am getting sick of having to order all my parts from like california or new york etc. and it takes week to get here. I just want to see what you guys would think about a upper midwest location to get parts. I've looked in dirtwheels etc. and the nearest distributor of major racing parts is michigan or ohio as far as i can tell. well drop
me a line and tell me what you think.

Old 08-23-2000, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

I live in Rochester. If you could open an aftermarket parts store, and have competitive prices. You would receive large amounts of money from me on a regular basis.

Do you race District 23?

Old 08-23-2000, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

There is one setup now. Dennis Kirk, has a major distribution center in I think its rush city. Have
you ever been there. When your driving up 35w past
whitebear lake, headed north. You will see a big dennis kirk sign. When you get to the jct. on the west side of 35w is a small dennis kirk outlet. They mostly have motor bike type of stuff in there. If you go east to town, you can find the big outlet store. You cannot go in and browse everything like a store. Its more of an outlet where you can walk up to the window and order something from there catalog and maybe they have it right there. I walked in one day and saw people in line at the window but I just took a look around and left. Dennis Kirk is a pretty big aftermarket company. rangerchet

Old 08-23-2000, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know Dennis Kirk has aftermarket stuff for all kinds of atvs and cycles, but the kind of store
I want is more performance racing orientated.
Dennis has lonestar available but they have to place the order first and it would take forever and there prices are a little high compared to other places. The store I was thinking of would be more like Nacs or Golden West. Where if you wanted a set of a arms or a swing arm you could get it right away. Or at least parts for them.
If you break something before a race etc. you could get it the next day or even drive and get it. Sound Good?

I only raced district 23 once this year.

Old 08-28-2000, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

This sounds like a good idea, but I'd like to know how many people out there realy ride and ride hard enough to want to spend the $$$ on good quality parts. Calling out to Cal is ok if you want to wait 2 weeks but if you like to ride, race and jump you want your thing now not then. This is a good idea but the riders have to do the buying!!! Please reply. Does MX4LIFE ride?

Old 08-29-2000, 10:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

I live in MN and rebuilt my R last winter and had to go through all that b.s. ordering and waiting. I have been thinking about doing the same thing but I am only 20 years old and still going to college, so it would be imposible for me to do. But if someone else could that would be awesome. If you need an employee I think it would be best job working around and with atvs all day. I say go for it!!!

Old 09-05-2000, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

Maybe you could team up Bob's Cycle.

Here in Madison, none of the dealers stock much for quads. Just having a place that would stock common items would be sweet. I couldn't even get decent filter oil her. Had to get a Twin-Air kit from Bob's.

I am sure a few of us would stop in when visiting D-23 tracks.