ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

New TT track in Southwest Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005 | 03:33 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default New TT track in Southwest Missouri

Keep an eye on this website www.ozarksatvraceway.com. Its being built right now and will be a National calibur racetrack. Races start in May 2005. All races are sposored by Quad State Quad Riders Assoc and you can check them out at www.qsqra.com.

This is all brand new stuff - so give it some time to develop.

Oh yeah - the track is located in Goodhope, Mo. 2.5 hours north of Greenbrier,Ar - 3.5 hours south of St Louis - 4 hours from KC -2.5 to 3 hours from the boothill. Camping, stadium seating, bathrooms, great people - its going to be a top notch facility. They hope to draw a National in a couple of years.

Old 03-15-2005 | 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

Hey bro, do you know of any other TT or MX tracks here in southwest Mo.? I live nort east of Springfield and we have Spring Valley MX here in Marshfield. I am wantin to go to other tracks. I know about Rad Robs but have not made it there yet. thanks for the info on the ozark track.

Old 03-16-2005 | 10:22 AM
|
Trailblazer

Thats the only TT track I know of in the area. They run some flattrack(oval) in various venues all over SW Mo. Joplin runs some on a 3/8 mile stock car track. There is a promoter in Springfield my club (qsqra) works with that has a series for quads, bikes and outlaw sprint karts. The series runs in Marionville, Forsyth, Springfield and one other place, I think. We ran at the Ozark Empire Fair last year. When they first started 3-4 years ago, they ran in the equine center there in Marshfield.
The only other track I've seen is right on hwy 60 by Cabool. Don't know anything about it, other than driving by it a couple of times on my way to a Hillbilly GP. It looks to be some kind of MX possibly for quads, the jumps looked pretty mild.

Old 03-16-2005 | 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

Was the picture above your screen name with the black and red quad in the Springfield newsleader's Ozark Empire Fair guide last year? It looks familiar. And how do you get hooked up with the qsqra?

Old 03-17-2005 | 11:11 AM
|
Trailblazer

The picture is the graphic I have on my trailer. Its black with that logo on both sides and the back. I don't remember seeing it in the paper, but the promoter did use a picture of me racing in his flyer.
As far as the club, we just finished the membership agreement yesterday. The webmaster should have it uploaded to qsqra.com in a week or so. Just keep an eye on that site, it will be changing alot over the next few months.

Old 03-17-2005 | 11:17 AM
|
Trailblazer

I bet your thinking - this guy is a fruitcake. I just finished the previous post and then looked at the picture (I think they call that an avatar) you were refering to. Duh... I have my black and red "Stuart Family Racing" logo as an "avatar" on all the other forums. This is the only forum that I have that picture on. So lets try this again, yes that picture was in the fair promo last year.

Old 03-17-2005 | 06:20 PM
Trailblazer

What quads do you race on the TT tracks. I was wantin to race the Pred but have to buy tires first.

Old 03-17-2005 | 07:48 PM
|
Trailblazer

You could race anything you want. You could race the 250X in the sport class. I rode a 300ex until just a few months ago. The picture we were talking about is my 300. The Pred would be in a class with kfx700s and raptors, but from what I have seen its pretty competitive in that class.

Bill