ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

MX or Hare Scrambles

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MX or Hare Scrambles

I just got a YFZ last week and Im planning on racing either hare scrambles or MX. Which one of these types of racing is easier if your just getting into racing four wheelers. Also if someone could please explain what hair scramble races are I would appreciate it. Im also new to this web forum I just signed up about 3 days ago. Answers and help with these questions would be greatly appriciated thanxs![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

04) YFZ-450
05)SUzki Vison 500

Old 06-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

welcome!! a hare scramble is where you start out and you half 2 make check points at a certain time you get pinalized for being 2 early or 2 later there like in a 30 secound or 1 minuite window before or after the time there really fun and they dont beat your bike up as much!!

MX this is what i race its really hard on you arms at first and your suspention if its not aftermarket stuff and it helpes alot 2 be exended out i have a dura blue axle +4 on mine its great I personally like this kind of racing better but if your suspention and stuff of that nature is stock then you are going 2 be beat 2 death (major arm pump) there are alot of jumps in this kind of racing thats why i like it i was jumping only 70ft doubles but thats the biggest they had at the track so.

I like MX

Old 06-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 1988fast250x
welcome!! a hare scramble is where you start out and you half 2 make check points at a certain time you get pinalized for being 2 early or 2 later there like in a 30 secound or 1 minuite window before or after the time there really fun and they dont beat your bike up as much!!

MX this is what i race its really hard on you arms at first and your suspention if its not aftermarket stuff and it helpes alot 2 be exended out i have a dura blue axle +4 on mine its great I personally like this kind of racing better but if your suspention and stuff of that nature is stock then you are going 2 be beat 2 death (major arm pump) there are alot of jumps in this kind of racing thats why i like it i was jumping only 70ft doubles but thats the biggest they had at the track so.

I like MX
i have to disagree the hare scrambles that i run if your widened out any you wont make it. and i ride with the big boys with stock suspension on mx and i do fine.
i ride both

Old 06-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

well thats just my experience on my 2 atv when it was stock suspention and i know you cant stay apart from each other you half 2 run it hard i know that.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Range Rover

i always run it hard.i learned the hard way that stock suspension doesnt give.

Old 06-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer

OK lets get this right a hare scamble is a xc race you ahve 2 hours to an hour and a half some where in that area you race usally a 7 mile track it varies you have a start dead engine you go make a lap they scan a bar coad it is racing no check point crap time limit that stuff there is some mx but not a lot maybe 15% if that it is not like the viea games it is pretty mucha GNCC but in your area i race the Iowa Atv Harescramble series it is nothing like you guys are saying. Oh and back on topic yfz is a great quad i would go hare scramble it is fun and the quad is almost perfectly set up for it thanks Broc A. Bromley #128

Old 06-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Range Rover

the reason that the trails are so tight is that the people who build it are bike guys.there so tight that my dad got stuck between two trees with his 400ex that had 1' wheel spacers

Old 06-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

that is racing it is gonna happen. you can make excuses but you arnt a racer or rider if you cant handle 2 hours on your quad it is your deal but i think that you should race xc it is fun and worth the time plus it wont hurt to hit a tree as bad as caseing a big triple trust me i know well if you wanna argue some more jsut hollar abck!!!!!

Old 06-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Range Rover

im not gonna argue i would like to try xc but that explained above is the closet thing to it.
they run two 45 minute motos plus its down in the ozarks where its hilly and rocky.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Range Rover

I started out on harescramble races and am now racing MX. I think the MX is funner and more competitive but it is harder on your machine! The harescramble races are more laid back and enjoying the afternoon type of races, at least where im from. I would try them both and see what type you like the best. YFZ's seem to be good at whatever type of race they are in, they are good race quads!

Quick Reply: MX or Hare Scrambles