ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Loose on flat Track

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose on flat Track

the chain thing is perfectly normal, just make sure to not have the chain to tight. The swing arm idea is also true, to low is not better unless you are on ice then lower the better. also i have to agree with every one elso about track layouts, tighter turns or anything like that, i would just ask around with other thumpers at the track, they should be able to give you a hand. The best thing that anyone can do is to just pratice, becauser we all know that pratice makes perfect.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

well it happend agine sat night lol me and austin and sanman66 went and raced again and kenny got first in his class again and i had a hell of a race the warrior and a 400ex race all 8 laps side by side for first place and coming off the last corner i got on the thottle to much and spun out but i still got 3rd we had left the pack and was just about to start laping people but anyway thanks for the info it help out and made for one good race. and i got me some new tires comin so that will help the next race is dec 3rd ill let you know how it turns out.

Old 11-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

Good job this weekend.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

so how did the december 3 rd race turn out.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

Well sanman66 got 1st that makes 3 times in a roll lol I got 3rd again im hookin up really good almost to good now. Thanks for all the help. are next race is on the 10th. and i ready. lol

Old 12-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was talking to a buddy about a week ago that sets up cars for circle track racing on dirt and pavement. He was saying that you want to set it up so that you are pulled through the turns, pretty much letting the bike drive for you. This would then make you have to struggle on the straight aways but it would be easier to fight a straight away then a turn. He has set up cars that have won season after season. How this is done, im not exactly sure but im sure with a little research this can be found.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Range Rover

Sounds good to me on cars, but on a ST for quads I don't think it's such a good idea. Like you said in dirt track cars they set them up to almost push themselves down in the corner they do this by larger tires on the rightside, shifting the rear axle, all kinds of little tricks. But if you do the larger tire idea on a quad on this little tight track. coming out of the corner the rear heads straight for the wall. There is a kid running that kind of set up on a yfz. I wonder how many rims he's ruined colliding with the METAL wall. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . However on larger than 1/8 ,mile tracks I could see those set ups working. I have never tried it. So I can't say for sure.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

and theirs a big weight difference between a quad and a car

Old 12-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Sanman66
Sounds good to me on cars, but on a ST for quads I don't think it's such a good idea. Like you said in dirt track cars they set them up to almost push themselves down in the corner they do this by larger tires on the rightside, shifting the rear axle, all kinds of little tricks. But if you do the larger tire idea on a quad on this little tight track. coming out of the corner the rear heads straight for the wall. There is a kid running that kind of set up on a yfz. I wonder how many rims he's ruined colliding with the METAL wall. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . However on larger than 1/8 ,mile tracks I could see those set ups working. I have never tried it. So I can't say for sure.
I used to race dirt cars on circle track, I never did like both rights to be wider. The only one I liked to be wider was the right rear and that was only for stability.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

driver have you change anything. i started with a stock raptor it was loose. After that first night i bought a anti roll swaybar,lowering kits, american racer tires, wheel spacers,and a different front sprocket. this things change the whole ball game.i chould drive it as hard as i wanted in to the corners. tire pressure,stagger,if you run a wheel spacer on right side back and flip left rim around keep the tire pritty much under you it will be tighter coming out.these are some tricks i picked up at the track.talk to other racers to see what they are doing.

Quick Reply: Loose on flat Track