ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Loose on flat Track

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose on flat Track

Iv done everything i know to my warrior to get it to stick on the corners im good going into the corner coming off im loose.everything else is grate i have pleanty of power iv got it slamed on the ground im talking 2 inches from ground. this sat night i ran 3 races i lead in eveyone could have one all 3 but at one point or a other i would slide up track and loose a place. heat one i got 3rd. heat 2 i got 2nd and in the A main heat i got 5th couse i could not hold bottom. its like coming out of corner and and as soon as i really get into it she trys to come around on me. im in the novice class and hoping some of you pros can give me a helping hand lol.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

get a honda like quad master kenny j/k (sanman66) he won 1st

Old 11-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

LMFAO your being overzealous you know i would Quit rideing if i had to ride a honda.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

hey driver the best thing i would say is your racing line take the corner a little wider on entry and have you ever herd of slower is faster? that means to slow down into the apex then at the apex slam it and you will come out faster. Also do you have a anti-sway bar if not i would get one ASAP

Old 11-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Range Rover

Doyle, I agree with Dwags on the sway bar, and I still suggest some tires also. Atleast a set of rears. As far as technique i let off 10' to 15' from the turn to 3/4 to half throttle.. get my line.. start high going in..feather the throttle to about 3/4 of the way through the turn move ur weight back to the rear axle and hammer down. It's all timing.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Range Rover

Also alot of it depends on track conditions and style of track. Some places are more slick or more tacky than others. Longer, shorter corners, ect.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Sanman66(kenny) im still working on tires lol got to wait till tuesday to call john and (TRY) try to order some. You know not everyone is (overzealous) and wins first place like you. J/k lmfao [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Dwags
hey driver the best thing i would say is your racing line take the corner a little wider on entry and have you ever herd of slower is faster? that means to slow down into the apex then at the apex slam it and you will come out faster. Also do you have a anti-sway bar if not i would get one ASAP
This is good advice. It sounds like you might be going into the corners a little to hot.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

When you are on your quad, how is the angle on your swingarm? If the swingarm pivot is lower then the center line of the axle, you lose traction. Sit on the quad and have a buddy look at the swinger, if it points up to the axle, raise it up a little. I only ask this because you said you are 2 inches off the ground. When I first started flat track racing it wa son a 300ex, and it was way too low. A few guys talked me into raising it a little and it made the difference.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know if this makes any difference but when u sit on it the chain feels good and plenty of slack but when u get off it tightens up pretty snug is that normal with the whole lowering kit experience?

Quick Reply: Loose on flat Track