ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

ATTN RACE GUYS....CAN YOU HELP A HOTTIE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN RACE GUYS....CAN YOU HELP A HOTTIE?

To the guy with all the ideas....no offense to you....on the contrary....gratitude and respect to you for your knowledge of the game....I printed out the list of things you said to do and will keep it for future reference. I just don't have the money to trick out the quad all the way, nor do I even know if I will be a Racer X (LOL)....and being a beginner....brand new....I am so uneducated (ouch) about all of this and it is appreciated.

Once again, your knowledge is respected and does not go unappreciated. No need to butt out....You jumped to my rescue and thanks for that. Your informative post was inspiring to me....I want to learn all that stuff and you inspired me to learn more about the mechanics of my bike. Knowledge is power.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

P.S. I will hopefully be racing at RaceTown 395 on the 19th. I'll be riding the YFZ450 which is getting outfitted this upcoming week. It's an '05 and runs well but with no mods...I'm a small QuadMomma so maybe my lack of height and weight could work to my advantage on the track....although it's always a disadvantage when I can't reach something high up...ha ha ha. We'll probably camp out there for the weekend and hopefully, I can master the track on Saturday....I'm really hoping for that.

Thank you to everyone who posted back to me. My wish is that I can serve as an inspiration to other women, and especially moms, just getting in the race and doing it. I can't wait to post again and let everyone know how it went. Please tune in because I can't wait to tell you....hopefully I didn't get lapped once or more....hopefully I won't finish last....and most importantly....hopefully I will ride to ride again with no injuries...

Old 02-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just have fun with it and don't ride over your head. Your dealership should already know the minimum safety equipment your quad needs to compete. Probably little more than a tether kill, nerf bars, and some number plates should get you on the track. I would get a rules list from the track just to be sure you have what you need.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

I just thought that you wanted this kind of info about how and what race quads needed for racing, and also about sponsorship and other info you requested according to your earlier post (Wannabe Racer) -

I just thought that you had had some previous experience and wanted to up it a bit.

I had ridden my first quad stock and raced it - Racing a stock quad helps you with technique and when you switch over to a race ready bike you will notice a big difference in speed and the quality of your riding.

If you decide to start building your quad - check with other riders and listen to what they suggest- Don't let your dealer talk you into purchasing alot of stuff- not all dealers know what should be put on a race quad. Unless you have alot of confidence in your dealer and their mechanic

Just be careful - on a stock quad the ruts and bumps can get you -

Take it easy and remember -

"Fast isn't eveything" Learn to go smooth first then speed will come -

I'll be doing a "Quad Wars" that weekend of the 19th so I will not make it to that race but should be able to make the next few

Good - Luck to you

Old 02-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey "17":

Thank you for your info. It is much appreciated and respected. I'm pretty comfortable with the guys at the dealer, Pacific Yamaha, they have really taken care of me well and I will hopefully have my bike race ready for a (hopefully) women's open class next weekend. I was going to try and race the 450 but it's not my bike so I decided to just get the basics on my 700R....nerf bars, kill switch, plates and oh yeah....a pipe....yay.

Thanks a lot for all your help. Good luck at the Quad Wars.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

i personally would do suspension first though shocks make the ride so much better i hate ricing stock suspension now i got a 426ex with elka shocks and the rear long travel link i dont get beat up on it at all and i just hold the throttle threw what ever roughness that lays ahead oh an a anti vibe steering stem is good also just so you dont get worn out to quick good luck

Old 02-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the input! I hope my bike is ready for this weekend.