ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

ATTN RACE GUYS....CAN YOU HELP A HOTTIE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN RACE GUYS....CAN YOU HELP A HOTTIE?

Ha Ha.....I though that would get your attention. LOL

I personally own a white and silver 700R which I love. I'm on my way to see my guys at Yamaha to get it vamped so that I can join a race....just to say I did one...what the heck....try anything once...twice if you like it....but I wanted to check with you fine folks before I make a stupid move.

Anyway....we also own a '05 YFZ450, still completely stock.

My question is, should I prep the 700R or the YFZ450? I am afraid that I won't be able to race my baby. What is the scoop on that?

Old 02-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Why don't y'all get your fingers typing and write me back? LOL

Old 02-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I don't want to race on a short track. Not really interested in cross country or scrambles although it seems like it may be a lot of fun. Really pretty interested in racing on a motocross track capable for quads but my thought is that my 700R isn't really made for that. I'm thinking that the YFZ450 will be better able to handle that type of a situation....I don't know if I should just go over to YamaDog and tell them to make both bikes race ready....???

I guess my dilemma is that I know that the 450 is lighter, higher rev, more control on a track really....but I LUVVVVV my 700R....don't know how she'd be in a race situation, especially on a mx track, although she and I work pretty well together....she's a powerful engine for me being only 5'0 and 115. ???

Old 02-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks a mil. I think I'll go with that one. It's an easier bike to ride anyway.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer

The 450 is the way to go for MX. As for adding extra parts. It can get expensive. You will need a new front end - Arms- shocks w/ res, steering stablizer, steering dampner, Flex bars are great also. You will need a kill switch, Bumper will help protect the shocks. You should also get a rear shock. Replace the skild plate with an after market one. Also a must is a chain guard and slide. The older models YFZ chains slip off the swing arm and can crack the case. You also will want to change the swing arm for an after market one.

All these things are almost essential to MX racing. You will need different tire and rims.

There is a lot of good products on the market. You might want to research some before you spend a lot of money -
Unless you have countless amounts and just tell a shop to fix her up - Still look for the best. It isn't any fun to break down on the track.

Are you going to try any of the so cal races? - Maxxis will be coming up soon -

You might want to check out Big Kid Racing - Brittany Bloodworth races ITP/Maxxis and the GNC, she is from So Cal.
www.bigkidracing and also www.613Racing - Nina she is from Central Ca Those two can really help you out - e-mail them

www.bigkidracing.com www.613racing.com

Good luck - if there is anything or questions you want asked I' try to help you - e-mail me or my sister PM me here

www.curtisquadracing.co

Old 02-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: 17
The 450 is the way to go for MX. As for adding extra parts. It can get expensive. You will need a new front end - Arms- shocks w/ res, steering stablizer, steering dampner, Flex bars are great also. You will need a kill switch, Bumper will help protect the shocks. You should also get a rear shock. Replace the skild plate with an after market one. Also a must is a chain guard and slide. The older models YFZ chains slip off the swing arm and can crack the case. You also will want to change the swing arm for an after market one.

All these things are almost essential to MX racing. You will need different tire and rims.
LOL, she is a beginner man!

QuadMomma, you yfz stock will be just fine in the amature classes. Just go out and have fun, you don't need to have any mods until you reach the "A" class or equivalant. Shoot, you could go out and race a stock 300ex in the beginner classes and still win.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

That's it. I'm changing my name....QuadMomma....and don't forget it boys. LOL

Thanks for the input...I almost thought I would cancel the whole idea. I don't have an extra 15K to put into this bike right now and I don't plan on going pro...I just want to say I've participated in a race. I like to ride fast...I prefer my 700R because I like the power....so maybe I'll race and won't finish last. If I do....I don't care because I did it at least and that's a lot for me.

Thanks. I'm going to just get the basics, do a race and then go from there. Who knows???

Old 02-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been around racing for about 15 years, and rider ability is much more important than any mods. You could definately win on your 700R in a Open "C" class or equivalent. If you win a track championship then think about a few mods.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just make sure your quad is safe, and the gas is on.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer

Well from what you stated it sounded like that you really wanted some info on how and what you needed for serious racing.

You mentioned that you were going to go and get your bike set up - so I thought you were real serious about this and didn't want you to make any mistakes. Just trying to help out-

Like I said in the first post - you need to see what kind of racing you want to do - then go from there-

I'll butt out from here-

Good luck

Old 02-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I raced motocross in the "over 30" class on my stock 400ex with a bunch of fast guys at a local track. On a good day I didn't get lapped, but I had a blast and earned their respect since it was my first season racing.

Stock form is fine for an amatuer - at that same track, I actually won a couple of races when there were enough gals for our own class.

Your best bet is to get out and practice at the type of track you want to run. My friend was a fast amateur, but got serious and she is now totally kicking butt!

Quick Reply: ATTN RACE GUYS....CAN YOU HELP A HOTTIE?