ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

worst race in history

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worst race in history

last week while running a local motocross race i came over a tabletop wide open in fourth gear, while in the air my chain blew off. no problem landed and figured that i was far enough away from the jump that i can jump off and push my quad off the track, wrong. someone didnt see the yellow flag and landed the jump and ran right into me while i was pushing my quad off the track. now i am stuck in bed for a few weeks with a machine that is tore up and i do not even know how bad yet, prolly totalled permanantly. just wondering if anyone else has stories of people who dont pay attention to things going on on the track.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

sorry to hear about your accident. well i have been racing my oldest on flattrack and have always told him to pay attention to whats in front of him and quit looking around while racing. he has for the most part improved and am impressed with his performance. but me on the other hand raced my 1st race on the banshee and was coming out of turn 4 looking down at the left front tire and the inside of the track and well you guessed it. someone stalled on the front straight away. i grabbed my rear brakes and it only put me in a slide so i grabbed the fronts. the rearend raised up in the air and hit the wall. i did miss the stalled guy but i ended up bending my rr wheel and axle. i totally felt like a [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]. since then i have not raced but i want to. but dont wanna tear anything up. get well soon

SANDMOUSE

Old 10-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Trailblazer

i wouldnt quit racing just because of that. breaking stuff is part of racing. i guess i am guilty to during a snowcross race on my raptor and ran the promoter of the series i race over while he was trying to redirect us around a hole everyone was getting stuck in. I was to busy making sure i was still winning to notice him. i should be ready to race again one more motocross next weekend then time to start getting ready for snowcross. if my machine is fixed by january

Old 10-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year I was practicing MX at a tight indoor track with a buddy. Well we were racing around the track at a good pace, and a newb was up in front of us. Well he rolls this 50 foot double, no biggie if you do what you're supposed to and hold your line, well this idiot goes from the right lane to the left lane like and complete moron. Well my friend sees this and checks up, I didn't see him until I was in the air and could do nothing. Wound up landing on my buddy and went down hard. Fortunately for my buddy my tire is all that hit him and he wasn't injured, but I got whipped down so hard it cracked my helmet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Came out of that one with bruised bones in my shoulder, and my hip swelled up for a month, and a mild concussion. Somehow I didn't break anything that I know of, but still took me a month to heel up descently all because of some guy not holding his line like you're supposed to.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, I know you're laid up and all, but...

What did you do, or not do, during maintenance that your chain blew off in mid-air?! If you're going to race man, you gotta be prepared. Both before and during the race. If your machine bails on you, you bail on it. Get off the track and wait until it's clear before you try and move it especially that close to the downside of a jump. That's a rough lesson to learn, though, man. I hope you get well soon, and the damage to your quad is not so bad.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Trailblazer

the chain blew off because of a hard landind on the left rear which destroyed my carrier and the tensioning bolts. i wasnt anywhere near the landind i was a good fifty feet or more away when i got off to push. its just that someone didnt know what the yellow flag meant that was being waved in front of him. it happens sometimes i guess. unfortunatly the raptor will be out of comision for a long time now. good thing for the old zuki. I need a new swingarm, carrier, axle, bent the output shaft, broke my plastics, taillight, and bent my pipe up beyond repair. I will probably just find a used tranny since the housing is broke where the case saver bolts on.