ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Racing a Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2000, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking on getting into racing on my warrior. i don't see alot of warriors racing and i was wondering if anybody has seen them and how well they do. also what would i need for my warrior partswise. thanks

Old 12-14-2000, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

extended axle, extended a arms, and shocks

Old 12-14-2000, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

I raced one at my last mx race.It didn't have enough power to keep up at all.Maybe it was the the rider or the handling but it didn't do good at all.

Old 12-15-2000, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

I will be the first one to admit that rider skill plays a much greater role than a quad in a MX race, but you will have your work cut out for you.

The MX series here in New England is only 2 years old. The first year, there were quite a few Warriors out racing. The 400ex and the Warrior basically split the 4-stroke class. This past year, Warriors were far and few between. They still existed, but the 4-stroke class was overpopulated with red.

Can you race a stock Warrior? Yes
Can you have fun on a stock Warrior? Yes
With equal riders can a stock Warrior beat a stock 400ex? Nope

If you were just getting into the racing, I would buy what you need to race (nerfs, kill switch) and go out and have fun. You could be a terrific rider and do very well, if not win. But make sure it is something you want to compete in before dropping down a large amount of money.

The amount of money you would need to get the Warrior to be competitive and handle the big jumps of MX, you could get a better MX quad. The Warrior is a great machine, but made more for the trails than a jump filled MX track. But if you are serious, get shocks, A-arms and axle first, then worry about the motor.

No matter what you ride, there is a class for you. And running MX, even in last place is still a ton of fun. Some of the biggest smiles of racers afterwards are on the 4x4 crowd that gets out there. Some of these guys are jumping those monsters, with racks, tow hitches and even winches! So just head out there, have fun. If you like it then decide on what you want to do. Modify the Warrior or get something else. Not to mention there will be more options for a “race type” quad in the next few years.

Old 12-15-2000, 01:18 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for they replys guys. i already have enough motor to stay with stock 400ex, and i am getting nerfs at my shop on saturday. i work out at a local track out here in bakersfield, so i will go out there with my boss(he owns it) and ride for awhile after one of the practices. thanks