ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

flat track tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flat track tires

I just started racing flat track my first race was last saturday. i have a 2004 blaster that has everyting on it but i need flat track tires. i was one of the only kids racing there with the stupid stock tires on (also no lowering kit i had to use ratchet straps) but i have the stock rims on my blaster and i am looking to buy tires but i cannot figure out what size i need for the front and back i dont want to have to buy new rims also because i am short on cash but if anyone could just tell me what size tires to buy that would be great because it would really suck to spend like $400 only not to have them fit.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Range Rover
Default flat track tires

i know that the people here in oklahoma always have spare tires. thats how i got mine. i bought my fronts for $50 and the rear tires were takeoffs from some of the micro racers and i already had the rims. i just dismounted the paddle tires and put the flattrack tires on the rear. check the local micro race tracks around you the left rear tires are what i got. as for the lowering links..cant you make the rear. i did. square 1" tubing with holes drilled in it. dude i'm all about low budget. i think its fun. and then going out and giving these guys w/ all this high dollar stuff a run for the money. my fronts are 18.0/6.0-10 and my rears are 18.0/8.0-10 and thier mounted on 10x8 wheels i think the micros are still running these sizes. my front lowering kit is i had some spuds welded on my lower a-arm widening the shock stance. its a blast..........until you tear stuff up. i did and now i just watch for now. good luck. ohhh how'd you finish saturday?

Old 01-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default flat track tires

ok thanks my race in the heat i came in 2nd which i thought was pretty good for being my first time racing and i was against a yfz lt450r and a 250x and in the feature in came in last but i was up against a 450r a blaster a warrior and a banshee but i would have done better. i was in 2nd but i was rite behind this guy and i was trying to pressure him to move over but instead he just stomps the brakes and i just ramed rite into him and almost fliped but i recovered but they all passed nme alredy

Old 01-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default flat track tires

hoosier quad fronts or americian racer depending on track type. hoosier "h" block rears or again americian racer just look at what the pro's use. and most of all a anti sway bar for the front. other than that nice job on almost second place, i did something simillar last year on the ice but i tore the shees fender off with my studds. lol

Old 01-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default flat track tires

haha thats funny. i bought 4 new american racer tires on douglas blue and red label wheels for $200 and wow it really makes a difference. i took shocks off of my friends 250 quadsport and that lowered the front 4 inches then i took a pipe and drilled holes in it and lowered the back and it was so much faster. this time i came in 3rd in the b main. too bad it was the last race for the winter

Old 01-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default flat track tires

now you have time to get ready for next year, did u say u had a anti-sway bar? if not that is the #1 thing you need!!

Old 01-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default flat track tires

no thats the one thing i dont have but to sort of compensate for it i was just going out to try and fit my old 400ex rear shock into the a arm but i dont think that will work. but what i did for the rear was i have an old ktm65 and i had an extra shock and i put that into the back of the blaster and it works alot better then the pipe in the back too bad the season is over :/