ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

What are the CONS of a Fuel Managment System

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 04:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the CONS of a Fuel Managment System

I have a 07 raptor 700 se, i am ready to add some stuff im pretty much convinced that im going with the CT RACING SONIC full system its seems to be the sickest one out there? but my main question is im hearing that if you add the full system (exhaust and stainless pipe) that you pretty much need a fuel managment system. im not familiar with them at all i just want to know what long term effects adding the fuel managment system will have on my bike ( durability and longevity) im not going to race it just regular riding with friends if i get the kit from CT RACING it comes pre-programed with the exact adjustment for the 700r equipped with CT RACING'S Sonic Full system....just wondering if it will cause me any unexpected problems down the road, any help will be much appreciated feel free to comment im waiting to hear what you all have to say - Thank You

Old 08-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What are the CONS of a Fuel Managment System

I cannot imagine why those mods would cause any problems....... what you are suggesting is really no different then doing an exhaust and rejetting on a carb system and those have never affected reliability is a negative way that I've ever heard......

Generally the only mods I've seen affect reliability are when you start ripping apart the engine and doing internal mods...... those can always be tricky but basic bolt-on mods are not usually going to do anything.......