ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

national numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 09:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK yes were trying to make the nationals bigger and better which is great but still one complaint why is it that we have to change our numbers at each national i know some person that has had to change is number at each national..which is geting to be little crazy not to mention having to buy numbers at each national...ok enough gripen...has anyone bought one of the race tapes from the macon GA race..i have and it has it all practice all heats and all finals with some kicken tunes on the soundtrack...go out and get one for 20.00 dollars they can't be beat..

Old 04-04-2001, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Thar sounds pretty lousy. I dont know why they cant do it like they do in my district and just register your numbers when you sign up for a membership.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Old 04-05-2001, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

where does one get such a video?

Old 04-05-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have all of the riders names and numbers from the London race and the riders will be using hopefully the same numbers at all of the next races. If you are using a number larger than 20 for the rest of the year that will be your number in that class. The numbers less than 20 are reserved for the rider who earned that number from last year. There are some riders that have taken numbers less than 20 who might have to change it to a different number at the next race. I will be collecting the riders list at the end of each race and trying to let the riders use the same numbers. There will be some changes made at the first few races, but by mid year it should be working. This one of the changes that I am trying to do in my first year. Things have been done the other way for years, so what I am trying to do will not happen over night.
I am glad to hear that the video look's good, He was worried that people would not be buying them. He said that he was getting some great shots at London also.

Old 04-05-2001, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Were can you get these video tapes of the races?

Old 04-05-2001, 06:21 PM
Range Rover

That sounds like a good idea. I have a question for you though. What was the reasoning behind letting the top ten riders from last year not have to qualify? I can see it making the current pro riders try harder to get a top 10 number so they dont have to qualify, but what about the little guys in the sport? Lets say I wanted to be pro, now with this top 10 automatically qualify deal, I have a 50% less chance of qualifying for the main as opposed to making everyone qualify. If you want a bigger fan turnout, make everyone qualify. That will get more fans coming out for Saturday to see if their guy qualified and then coming for Sunday to see how they do in the main. Also, that will deter people from going pro. Why go pro and have only 10 spots to fill when I can stay A and Pro-Am and have a better chance at the main with 20 spots. I know this is not bike MX, but look at them. You see McGrath, Charmichael, and all of the top riders QUALIFYING for the main. I speak for myself and scott when I say this because him and I have had discussions about this and alot of this was his idea so I am not trying to steal his idea from him, but it is a great point. Lets face it, at the last 2 MX events, there has been at least one top ten pro in the main that probably wouldn't have been there if he had to qualify, where there were mechanical malfunctions. I am sure we are not the only ones feeling this way. We should consider this idea, it was ok the way it was before, I dont see why the change was needed. We have more ideas about some changes to make so drop me a line and we can talk about this further.

Old 04-05-2001, 06:25 PM
Range Rover

for the video call REM-NS PROMOTIONS at 724\785-5332

Old 04-05-2001, 06:27 PM
Range Rover

call REM-N-S PROMOTIONS at 724\785-5332

Old 04-05-2001, 06:31 PM
Range Rover

get them at REM-N-S PROMOTIONS at 724\785-5332

Old 04-05-2001, 06:38 PM
Range Rover

As mark has said we have some good idea's ,as you have said you dont see guys from the supercross with any X's on there plates ,you also see the top riders having to compete in heats and sometimes in the LCQ'S to make it to the main ....yes i would like to hear why they don't have to compete...thanks SCOTT BLANCHARD

Quick Reply: national numbers