ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

District 23 HareScramble Series - Round 1, Monticello

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2001, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I raced B class and finished fourth. Not too shabby for my first race of the year.

Does any one know what time quads run at Milvill on the 13th?

yellow 400ex
#64 quad sport

Old 05-08-2001, 03:45 AM
Pro Rider

Good job shakey. Have you raced in any harescrambles before?

One thing I wanted to note: When I was trying to pry my quad off of the second (clear throat) tree, two riders passed by, both slowing to ask if I was ok. I was pleasantly surprised; last year when I got stuck on a tree, I would usually just get dirty looks as people passed. I saw that all the time when I came across other riders that were stuck on trees too; the riders in front of me would sometimes ram (not love tap) the side of the stuck quad just to get through. That's just uncalled for in this level of racing, no money's at stake and almost all pay for their own repairs.

Anyway, I'm glad I got to see some thoughtful riders this race - I hope it continues.

ogre

Old 05-08-2001, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

8:30AM riders meeting
9:00AM race at Millville

Old 05-09-2001, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Hey i was in the race. I raced the Ds650. ANyone see me? I went from the holeshot towards the middle of the pack because of a damn tree. Sorry about the slow speeds for the guys that got stuck behind me in the woods, but the trees were just TO tight for my Ds650 to fit threw! I'm sure somone here has to understand this. I'm not blaming this all on the machine, but there was noth ing i could do to fit between some of those trees. I actuly had to get off and lift up the machine to fit threw. Then the waterhole, it was like i hit the deepest part and just stuck in it, while noone helped me out (work crew there). It was a good experience though for my FIRST race ever. Hey Orge i think i'm one of the guys that stopped to ask if you were OK. I had the yellow ds, and BLACK jersy from the mud. I thought you were hurt man..just doing what i'd want other people to do to me.

good race guys

ryan

Old 05-09-2001, 04:31 AM
Pro Rider

300exSTER - I did see your ds before the race, and I kind of wondered if it was you.

Thanks for looking out for me. The EX did buck me pretty good! Thankfully, I didn't get any injuries.

I saw you coming at me pretty hot - I tried to point out another line to you so you could get past me. The other guy that went past me wasn't that far ahead of you and I figured you were busy chasing him down.

I'm glad you liked your first race, but trust me, it gets better. Millville is cstark's favorite track for a reason, it's lots of fun and well laid out. I think you'll like it, the wooded areas are quite a bit wider (for the most part); at least they were last year.

ogre

Old 05-09-2001, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Take all of the mud and rain out of the Monticello race and it would have been perfect. I really liked the track layout there, but the high river crossing, the huge mudhole, sloppy start, and overall wet conditions really put a damper on what could have been a great day. Millville is a very fast course. It is wide, with plenty of places to pass. There are lots of elevation changes along with a several sections of MX track. Perfect for the DS. You will have a blast.
After getting out of last weeks race early, I hope to do alittle better this weekend. There is no rain in the forecast, so hopefully we don't see much mud at this event.

Old 05-09-2001, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

I'll be ther at millville as long as thing are still good with the ds. I'll go for a good lookover tonight after school. Orge do you know what place i took in the B' class? I know i got the holeshot but that tree and stream crossing set me back a bit. Anyone know the standings?
On another note orge, i never caught that guy in front of me, i hit something and it bucked me off

Old 05-09-2001, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

The race didn't go well for me either. Not only did my shee not start on the first kick, which left me at the back of the pack and feeling everyones roost lol, but I also suffered from severe arm and thumb pump, which forced me to stop at least 3 times to rest and wait for some feeling to come back. I guess that happens when you only rode once before the season began

I was almost ready to call it quits when I came up to that river crossing and saw how deep it was, and everyone getting stuck. But I figured am not a quitter so I thought I better do it or otherwise Gaetan would have called me a wussy , and I can't have no Frenchman calling me that haha.

After barely hanging onto the handle bars on the second lap, and going through that so called shallow creek crossing the race organizers had told us about. I suppose it would be a shallow creek crossing if you where in a monster truck! hehe. I managed to limp to the finish line, but was way down on the finish roster for sure. I think I was 19th or something.

Gaetan finished 8th but would have finished 6th if he would not have pulled over to let 2 other riders go by, only to realize the finish line was only 2 turns away. So you can imagine how pissed he was. He did pretty good on that bright yellow 85 LT 250.

Old 05-09-2001, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about that samson, sounds like a tuff first race. Your friend on his LT was very fast rider. I was ridiing with him along half of the first lap and then the rest of the 2nd. I cant remember if i got passed him or not. Ask him where the ds ended up , in front or behind him. I think i was behind him but not by more then 2 places. he was a very good rider, tell him good job on the race. Arm pump was a very big issue with me. My clutch hand was so stiff after the race, and it is just now today (wends) starting to get all the strenth back! My shoulders hurt like a son of a gun from picking up this BIG ds off of all those trees. By the end of the race i just started leveling the trees 1 by 1 haha.

ryan

Old 05-10-2001, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

Monster Truck river crossing........LOL!
I like that....!

Monticello race results are posted on D23. Ryan, you got 13th in QuadSport B. Good job.

Not only did I not finish well in the Monticello race, but I dropped from 3rd place in MX. Down to 6th because I missed the race. The Millville HareScramble is this weekend, and there is also another MX race. I will be attending the HS, so farther down in the MX points I will go.

Quick Reply: District 23 HareScramble Series - Round 1, Monticello