ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

TIME FOR RED BUD

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2001, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there, quite a few chatters will be present at this one. Will post specifics later so you can stop by and meet me.

Old 05-12-2001, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer

When I said I would "just be along for the ride" I meant in the race. I wouldn't go all the way to Red Bud without my quad. Even if I don't put in a good ride it will be good experience and a lot of fun. Hope to see you there. I will finally get a weekend I can ride for once.

Old 05-12-2001, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

I have to agree the 25+ class has lots of talent for sure there are a couple pro-am rides as well as some A-riders in there abd there from michign also ...so im sure they will be there at this race ,,,,so i'm thinking that the 30+ looking better every day..truthfully i havent even heard of anyone even talking about the 30+ class...all focased on the +25 class.]
but personaly i'm goinh\g to stick with the +25 class being i have some points in that class..as well as the A-class

Old 05-12-2001, 06:03 PM
Range Rover

Well hate to tell you this but AMA NATIONALS follow the same rules as any other AMA district that stops the people from sandbagging and make it fair to all....would you like a pro-am class rider going to his only second national race and race in your class and just smoke you and others..dont sound far now does it retro???????SO if you ride in the B-class you should race there in the nationals ...not to mention you may learn something riding with people as good as you and slightly better than you ,to improve your on riding skill !!!!!

Old 05-13-2001, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ATV88 make sure that you bring a number plate for your front bumper and one for the rear grab bar. The promoters voted that they must be used this year, if you read the rule book it is in it. In the Blaster/Air cooled class the #88 has not been used so far. See you at Red Bud and best of luck.

Old 05-13-2001, 12:36 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. I already have a rear number plate but I didn't know if I needed the front for sure.88 hasn't been used so that is good. I won't have to go out and buy a bunch of new numbers and stuff. Are they picky about what color of backgrounds you run on your quad? I have red on my blaster now. I don't think any motocross classes use red so will this be ok? Any info on this would be greatly appriciated.

Old 05-13-2001, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can use any color that you want except that blue backgrounds can only be used in the pro class. No one else can have a blue backgrounds. The numberplate and numbers should be of contrasting colors so that they can eaily be read by the scorers. Also, if you check the rulebook in the ATV section, the numbers must be 6 in or larger. Some riders have some real neat numbers and plates, but they can not be read 20 or more feet from the quad and then they wonder why they did not get scored for all of there laps.
If you have been to the last few nationals the numbers on the quads are starting to look like we are at a national not some local race.
Say hello to me and the other people working the tech inspection on Friday and Sat.

Old 05-14-2001, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Scott,
There is no C class here so I race B. I'm sure there will be more competition at Red Bud than my local races where I have to race Blasters and Polaris's. I'm sure I'm not going to win so don't get all excited.
ERIC

Old 05-14-2001, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye out for all of you guys when I'm there. It should be a lot of fun. Any of you going to run TT this year?

Old 05-14-2001, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to see this in writing to believe it. Everyone I know races or has raced a lower class at nationals than at our district tracks. "A" class at your local track is totaly different than the "A" class at a national.

I have never heard of what your saying, and if it is true, I've never seen it enforced.

Quick Reply: TIME FOR RED BUD