Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 04:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted....... I want to go.

Old 06-26-2001, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Wish I would have looked in here before I drove down there last friday! I got there and it was a ghost track. We ended up going down to Little Falls, and I got there in time to race, but missed practice. That track is pretty awesome, I had never been there before. It was a bit moist, but there was absolutely no dust! The first race was basically practice for me, I did an endo in the second lap and finished 10th. For the trophy race, I was about last off the start, and made it up to 7th at the finish.
I am thinking about racing there July 6, if it isn't too hot out.(what a whimp huh?) There is just something I despise about squeezing into all that nylon and plastic when it is 100 degrees out.

Old 06-27-2001, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer

So Philmoore... you are the great Philzie??????

I visit your web site quite often for a couple years now. Maybe we can race and/or ride together soon.

Good luck

Old 06-29-2001, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Are you trying to guilt me into updating my web page? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Have you been racing at Brainerd or Little falls? If so, what is your number? Mine is 73.
I only got to go to Brainerd two times in May. I really hope the weather is good next friday. I can't make it down there this friday though.

Old 06-29-2001, 03:31 AM
Trailblazer

Me? Race? If you are asking me, Phil, no I dont race currently. I am trying to get into harescrambles. I wouldnt mind trying MX afew times to see how I like it, but I have no nerfs or low-pro tires. I dont think the stockers would be good in an all out MX race.

May try soon tho.

Old 06-29-2001, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

If you want to try racing, you should try the small MX tracks like Brainerd and Little Falls. They are low cost entertainment. It only costs $6 to get in the gate and watch, plus $12 if you want to race the amatuer class. You have to be a little bit in shape, but nothing like those long harescramble races! Plus, you don't need to have the AMA membership (*1). They give out really nice trophies (if you can get one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) You also don't need a bunch of fancy gear to try racing. I guess the most important things are safety equipment. Nerfs, and riding boots/gear etc. I have seen guys racing in teeshirts, but not me! Geez, now I am pumped to go racing, but I can't tonight! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] To me, there is nothing like the feeling on the day/ hours before race time. Once the gate drops though, you forget everything!

Stock tires are more than adequate for racing, as long as they have some tread on them! Lots of guys run the stock tires.

(*1) Has anybody heard any more about the ATV branch membership for AMA? Is it going to happen?