ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

from 4 to 2 stroke

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 04:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i own and race a 300ex, and love it to death,, but i got to thinkin about a two stroke bike.. i'm not sure what kind to look into though... i love ridin wheelies, and two wheeles, jumps,, all kinds of stunts,, but i race motos and need one to handle the tracks good. and i also go trail ridin with my buddies. i dont mind changin things over for each thing i do, but i need to know wich one is best. i was lookin into a 250r,, but everyone has one of those ont he track. a guy that lives around here has a tecate-4 that is bored .30 over, bigger mm carb,, fmf pipe and silencer, the engine was just redone, and i mean completely,, nothingn at all is used int he engine except the side cases. it's got a high compression piston, fmf reeds,909 handles, and he wants 3000.00 for it.all it would need are shocks and maybe a arms. i'm toldthey dont hanlde too well, is this true?? should i go with the tecate already built and 3000 dollars, or buy a new quad like a banshee or something like that?? or maybe a lt250 or the trx250r?? help me out guys.

kojo

Old 06-11-2001, 03:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF the tecate needs shocks and a-arms, that is, if it is all stock frame and suspension, I think 3000 is alot. I would actually find a nice honda 250r. There is a reason that is what everyone has at the track - it is the best handling and performing machine out there. This is one of those circumstances in which you really don't want to be different because if you are, you will be last place unless you really know how to ride whatever quad you choose. Take some different quads for a ride and decide what is best for YOU. Don't just take my word for it.