ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Cedar Grove or Pine grove? (harescrambles)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a post to all the people who race in PA. i was wondering if anybody knew where this place is? It is in Pa somewhere but i dont know where and i want to get intoracing so i thought i would ask if anybody in here knew where it is... I went to look at a blaster which i hated and the person selling it said they race at cedar grove or pine grove i forget the name.. anyway let me know, Thank.

Old 07-09-2001, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

The name of the track is flying dutchmen. They are in pine grove. They race harescrambles in the spring/fall and mx in the summer. I cant think of the district 6 link rite now, but try the ama website. hope to see you there.

Old 07-09-2001, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

yeah i really want to race there, what do you need to race? how far i it from NJ aprox do you think. and can anyone ride in the mx nd harescrambles? how much does it cost?Thanks a lot.

Old 07-09-2001, 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

(570)345-6340 is the track number. You can call there for directions and more info. To race you need AMA $39 and a district 6 number $7. Its $10 to get in and i think $21 to race. I race 4-strk b its alot of fun.

Old 07-10-2001, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer

So how do i know what number to run, i mean if it is takin by somone else? and it cost $39 to havea ama# and $7 to have a distric 6#? and then the additional fee to race? what gear do you need to have? and what town in pa is it in? Thanks a lot.

Old 07-10-2001, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

http://members.aol.com/stickspop/page7/index1.htm is the district 6 site. The track is in pine grove. You can get the ama and d-6 cards at the track.

Old 07-10-2001, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I havent raced any mx yet this season. I have been doin all the hare scrambles. I think i saw you at sleepy last weekend. Those 2 guys doin the bonzi were crazy. Do you race any hare scrambles ?

Old 07-11-2001, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Do you guys know how far Pine Grove is from DuBois(located on I80)? I saw on the AMA site that there were a few harescrambles at Pine Grove, so it peaked my interest. Does anyone know if there are any harescrambles races closer to the center of the state(PA)?

To the guy from Jersey. Give it a shot. I raced my first race 2 weeks ago at maple shade near warren pa. It was their harescrambles race and it was a blast. There were a lot of problems with the track, but I had a blast. It's never to late to try it out. I'm 28 and it just took me a little longer to heal. Still have a massive bruise on my thigh and a sore left thumb. Just don't ride over your head. And have a BLAST!

Ray

Old 07-11-2001, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

hey cbrslider what class do you race in how far is maple shade from the western side of jersey approx. how much does it cost to race there? how did you do for your first time?

Old 07-11-2001, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

WOW! It's about 5 hours from Philly. I don't know how far to Jersey. I raced the C class. It was alot of fun. I took 5th in my class, got a little squirrely in the woods and pegged a tree. I got passed by everyone, even the utility quads. I was in dead last. I had alot of work to do after that. I really enjoyed it though, and can't wait to do it again.

It cost $38 for the AMA membership, $25 to race, $5 to get in, $2 for my day pass sticker, and $5 for a day pass into WYNOA(racing association that put on the race). It was an expensive race day. Oh well, fun has a price. The race there is only once a year. The series moves around Northern PA and NY. Check out the AMA site for races close to you. Good Luck.

Ray

Quick Reply: Cedar Grove or Pine grove? (harescrambles)