ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Who's going to Loretta Lynn's this year??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone!!! I'm making the trip to Loretta's this year for the first time. I was wondering who is going, what do you ride, and what class....or are you just going to watch? I will be in the 4-stroke C class on what might be the only Kawasaki Mojave there. I was in Macon and almost qualified for the main, even thought I suffered a nasty get off on the 2nd lap. I may not have the motor, but I do have the heart. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I look forward to meeting the ones who are going. See ya there!!!

Old 07-12-2001, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Lurch. A bunch of friends and I will be down there, including crhye250r. I doubt I'll be racing, but I'm definetly going to watch all the action. We all went last year and it was a lot of fun. I'm sure that we'll see you down there. It's probably not hard to find a tricked-out Mojave.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I do have some words of advice about the track. Unless they have fixed it since last year, there are some problem areas for quads on the track. After leaving the gate, the track will start to make a slight right turn, then, there is a long, fast straight. At the end of the straight, there are some rather large breaking bumps before the first left turn. I, and any others that were there last year saw how many people wrecked on these, basically because they were going too fast over them.

There is also a double jump after the Ten Commandments that, I believe, has a Suzuki banner over it. This was the scene of several crashes last year too. The lip didn't throw you high enough to completely clear the second jump. So, you either didn't jump it, hauled *** up to it and cleared it, or just jumped, cased it, and wrecked. I'm sure that they've revised the track since last year, but, I just wanted to caution you in case. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2001, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks! It's always glad to here advice from people who have been there. Look for my and my team mate at the SRS Racing pit.

Anyone else going??

Check out my web page to get a view of my quad.

Later people!!!

Old 07-12-2001, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, watch out for the braking bumps. We nicknamed that turn "dead mans curve". There were many bad get offs there. The "Suziki" double claimed many wrecks. The ten commandments are hairy, watch for them. I will be riding the pits on an orange 250R with a blue Duncan Graphics kit. Ill bet ill be the only one too. Dont worry Lurch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]