ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Need Help on deciding what to buy??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to buy an ATV within the next week or so, and I'm not sure what to get. This is what I will be using the ATV for: Some Dirt Racing, Ice Racing, Cruising on the Sand Dunes, Trail Riding and just cruising some dirt roads. I expect to put money into the bike after I get it, for pipes, new carb, filter, tires and all the basic stuff. But I still don't know what to get. I'm looking to buy a new or 1-2 year old bike. I've been looking at a Banshee, Raptor, 400 EX, and that's about it. Please any type of advice or any pros/cons. I'd like the bike to be very competative in all the racing events...PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!

Thanks in advance....

-Matt

Old 07-20-2001, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer

here is what machines are good at what

Banshee-good duner bad trail rider decent mx quad two strokes require to much work

400EX-decent duner the best trail quad okay mx no reverse that sucks

Raptor-good duner ok trail quad good mx quad reverse this is a plus

You might want to wait a while because suzuji coming out with a sport and i think it will be the best one.

If you ride mostlydunes i woukd get a ds650 let me now what you buy

Old 07-21-2001, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]In my opinion get the 400ex, it may not be the biggest or fastest, but it's the best all around quad out there!!! And 2 year old EX's are going for aresonable price!!

AMJ

Old 07-21-2001, 09:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a 400EX, last night. This guy had it for sale in town, it's a 2000, it has nerf bars, K&N filter, jet kit, top of the air box has holes milled into it, .19 aluminum rear wheels with hole shot tires, plus the stock tires and rims, and a FMF muffler. I got if for $3700.00, so I couldn't really pass up the opportunity. I was very impressed by the ride of the bike, I've only rode banshee's and quadzilla's most my life. I didn't like the banshee's in the trails and they are expensive to work on, and the quadzilla ran good when it wasn't blown up or when I could kick it over [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].

Thanks for all the input...

Where are there places to race in Michigan, I know Rose City and Stanton, but are there any other track closer to the thumb area?

Thanks again.

Old 07-23-2001, 01:40 PM
Range Rover

Closes quad track in the thumb is Morelands in Stanton. Hopefully next year Frelin in Marlette will run quads. They practice them right now though. Another good track, kinda far from you, is Portland, by Lansing. Other than that, no real tracks in the thumb area, mostly on the West side of the state. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]