ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

District 23 Harescramble riders, please read

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's things going cstark? Get that quad together, I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!

cstark (and ryan), we're (wife and I) thinking of heading to black river falls pretty soon for a few days. We spent some time there last year, but stayed at the holiday inn. Easy trail access from there.

This time, we're thinking of camping. I did see that one campsite offered trail access, but it was a primative campground. I saw one campground that offered bathroom, shower, firewood, even an ice machine - but no trail access. Do either of you know of any good campgrounds around there where we could just trailer to a trailhead from the campground? We want the bathroom, shower, etc, at the campground.

If you do, where are some good trailheads from the campground you have in mind? I want somewhere safe (nothing gets stolen). I wonder if the holiday inn would mind us parking in their lot - then heading back to the campground when we're done wheelin'?

Let me know - both of you have more experience in black river falls then me.

Also, my memory is foggy, what good places are there to eat (in black river falls itself)?

Thanks for the help,
ogre

Old 08-16-2001, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

300 exster do you bring your ds to mazzepa?? I go there to practice quite often ...if you ever want to go practice of go riden let me no Ied be glad to go ...Ive been riding my ds exclusivly for like 4 months ...I need to get back on the honda to get ready for the next race ....I wish the owner of mazzepa would take better care of the track its always so rutty and ruff ..the big table top is fun tho

Old 08-16-2001, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

If you think the Mezeppa track is bad on a practice day, you should race it on Sunday's. There are 30+ bike classes that run with the quads, and they only groom the track before the first and second set of motos. So if your quad class draws a late moto, you could race after 25 dirtbike classes. Talk about huge braking bumps and single line corner ruts....Yikes! Practice days are usually cake.

Old 08-16-2001, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Orge- I''ll be seeing you in a few weeks at millville. I cant wait to race this thing. Its been in the garage completly tore down to nothing. We are rebuilding the chassie to make sure its all done the RIGHT way. Just a double check to make sure nothing breaks.
Black River Falls are some ncie trails, and whenever you go i'd be glad to meet you up there and so alittle riding. I have no idea where you could eat though..just loook around i guess. molson@mwt.net Drop me an email and we can chat more about this brf or even millville. THe campgrounds around BRF's are unknown to me so i cant help you there. I think the HOliday Inn wouldnot mind you staying there, i think alot of people do.

BIggy-
I'd love to go practice there sometime soon. Very soon. I havnt had the ds there on practice days. Now i'll be racin the 440ex that i just bought so i need to learn how to ride that to. My old man will prob come with the ds to practice (dick around). My email is above just email me wiht some details or something.

Lonestar 440ex
ryan

Old 08-16-2001, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

ms ds is in the shop again (for the 234527523874 time ) but I might go up sat afternoon for a little practice...

Old 08-16-2001, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

any one interested in going to the iowa hare scrambel on the 19!! I can haul three to four quad's ...from mlps..to iowa if any one wants to ride along !! I think it's a 2 hour race ...at least it was last year...if interested e-mail me asap and I will plan on going!! if only one person wants go then Ill bring my camper also..you must be ama sanctioned to race......~biggy~