ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

District 23 Harescramble riders, please read

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was checking out dist. 23's website, when I came across this: schedule

It appears that they canceled the august 26th race in brainard. I have no conformation of this, however - just the word "canceled" next to the listing.

Also, if you want the millville race changed from sept 16 to sept 15 (sat), you should contact Dana Koenig; here's the link: date change

It's pretty disappointing about the brainard cancelation, one less race this season (and it's already too short).

ogre

Old 08-08-2001, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Orge,

I hate to see race dates canceled like that. It's a short enough season as is. Part of the Brainerd track crosses the property of a local airport. That part of the airport is going to be under construction during the scheduled event, so it has been canceled.

I was going to miss the Brainerd event anyway(don't have the machine fixed yet). But I should be attending Millville. See ya there.

Old 08-08-2001, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

you can also contact andy at hopkins hitching post he is the guad rep ...man no race ......(:>þ that suck's

Old 08-08-2001, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

to anyone that is interested there is a distric 22 race in hale iowa august 19 at 2:00 parade lap ...i like to race these races to help stay in shape for the 23 point's...if you want more info e-mail me

Old 08-09-2001, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Too bad, That was going to be my first race on the new fourwheeler i'll be getting on saturday. I'll have to check out the schedule cause i'm sick of racing mezeppa's mx track. Hopefully with the new lonestar 440ex i'll be able to ride more agressively and throw it around a bit' better then the ds i have. By the way, how you been orge? Its been awhile since i'v talked to you.

ryan

Old 08-09-2001, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider

Hey ryan -

Everything's going good. Wasn't sure if I'd hear from you again - crossing over to MX and everything (I guess cstark does both though too).

Nothing really new, I got some elka shocks a while back (not sure if you knew that). I really like them, so much nicer than stock (maybe I'll stop hitting trees now (laugh)).

That's great to hear about your new quad. But now how am I going to be able to find you? You'll have to put pink plastic on it or something (that way I'll know when you pass me!).

Let's hear about that new quad (details). It won't be as wide as the DS, right? Can't be getting stuck between trees like before!

Did you sell the DS?

ogre

Old 08-09-2001, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Orge-
Great hearing from you. Actully we did talk about those elka shocks you were getting..i bet they made a big differnce like you said..I was going to get some for the ds but I didnt know if it'd help much, it already has 12" of travel, and I'm not sure if any shock can absorbe all the bumps on that 500lb beast. Its such a handfull on the track...not so much on the trail, just to wide. On the track I think i crashed 2 times in the 5 or 6 races that i did race HAHA. One Concussion. I'm not blaming it on the machine, but both crashes were in the air when the machine got alittle sideways ..my bad.
Anyway, the New machine i'm looking at is a 400ex with:
White Brothers National 440cc big bore kit
Titanium Valve Springs
11:1 compression
Ported and polished
White Bro’s Rev Kit
White Bro Cam
White Bro Rocker Arms
3 Angle Valve Job
Lectron 38mm Carb. No jets required
K&N air filter
Ct Full Race/Chrome Exaust With pipe
Lonestar +2 Axle
Lonestar +2 upper and lower Aarms
Lonestar Chromoly Tie Rods
PEP Front shocks (brand new, in package)
AC Pro Peg Nerf Bars
Ac mudscreen Bumper
Nacs Headlight Covers
Turf Tamer Rears
.190 with BEADLOCKS
2 sets of plastic, 1 race cut, 1 full plastic
Lonestar parking brake blockoff
Riken Radial front tires
AC rear skid plates (2)
Renthal Handlebars
15/16 teeth front sprockets (both, change for mx track) (brand new in package)
Graydon Proline Seat Cover
Air box elimiator kit
NAC’s handlebar clamp.

Thats the list...it will come with stock aaarms and axle, i think i'll throw them on for some harescrambles to narrow it down alot. Even with the wider aarms and axle it is 2 inches narrower the ds is now. I cant wait to get it...I'll be driving to indiana this weekend to pick it up. Everything on that list has less then 6 hours on it all.
You will notice me because i will be wearing the ALL BLACK/GRAY SHIFT outfit with my orange Okleys..i'll stick out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. The 400 has red front race plastic and the PEP red/white/blue shocks. I think you'll find me.
The ds is my dads now, he likes to ride to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Take care

ryan

Old 08-11-2001, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hey did that message ever go through or not? Orge..?

ryan

Old 08-16-2001, 06:33 AM
Pro Rider

Ryan -

That's one mean setup! I'll have to take a look at it in millville (assuming you're going).

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a little anxious to do some racin'.

It'll be interesting to see what track layout they'll use. I personally like the wooded section they use most of the time. I didn't really care for the part's unlimited layout - got a little too technical in some portions. And I really hope they do something about that field we go through. At the part's unlimited race, there was so much dust you couldn't see more than 10ft in front of you (when the pack was tight). I was just waiting to rear-end someone.

ogre

Old 08-16-2001, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

I borrowed a quad from a buddy this past weekend and we went on a trail ride down at Black River Falls, WI. I could tell right away that I haven't ridden since the middle of June. I still don't have my machine up and running, and the next race is rapidly approaching. It looks like it has been changed to a Saturday event, with a 2 hour duration. I can feel Sunday's pain already......lol.

Quick Reply: District 23 Harescramble riders, please read