Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who won Loretta Lynns?

Old 08-21-2001, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Jones did with a 1-2 finish. Far got 2nd and Gust took home 3rd.

Old 08-21-2001, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks! The Pro points battle is really coming down to the wire! According to the AMA website, Farr is 10 points behind. With Jones 1st and Farr’s 2nd at Loretta's, that leaves them only 10 points apart going into the last round. Everyone knows TT is Tims specialty, so it should be interesting!

Old 08-21-2001, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Lurch, How did you do at Loretta's? Did you get the new a arms on in time? How did the swing arm work on that track?

Old 08-21-2001, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

mojaveaddict, the arms, swingarm, and motor was working great...until I crashed during practice Friday, trashing the a-arms. The swingarm came through unscaved. I didn't even get to race.

I hit the long right-hand sweeper two turns before the finishline in 4th gear. Coming out of it I clicked 5th and as I aproached the rolling single just before the next turn, a hard left hander, the front end came up. I let off the throttle and as soon as the front end hit the ground, the front left tire hit a rut and pulled hard left. The quad proceeded to climb a dirt mound right on the edge of the track and flip to the right, throwing me about 20'. I landed on my sholder, bruising 3-4 ribs and my lung just under the collar bone. The quad landed hard on the front end at a very weird angle, bending the upper left and lower right control arm.

A new set is in the works as we speak. The bad part is that I can't ride for 6 weeks, or lift anything over 20lbs for 4 weeks. It hurts to cough and sneezing is the worse pain besides the actual crash.

I'll let you guys know when I get the replacement control arms. Mike at IdahoATV.com is making design changes to them. The control arms were proto-types. The next ones should be the production model.

Old 08-21-2001, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear all that Lurch. What a bummer. I'll be praying for you to have a quick recovery. I noticed from your pics that you do not wear a chest protector, might have helped to have one on if you didn't. A good one has protection in the shoulder and rib areas.

I am surprised you got the engine work done so fast from Mickey. He must not be as far behind as he used to be. I am thinking of trying his 330 cyl with a powroll 6 mm stroker. A few more cc without the spacer plate under the cylinder. What else are you running with the 330 kit? cam, carb, etc. I was also concerned about cooling with the 330 since the water jacket has to be hogged out to get the big sleeve in. Have you ran it long enough to tell if you are having any overheating?

Enough questions, get well soon and thank the great God that it wasn't any worse than the bruises. He was truly looking out for you.

Old 08-22-2001, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Lurch,

I am sorry to hear about that, even though you told me there at Lorettas about it. Ill be prayin' for your speedy recovery too. I agree, i love my chest protecter. Its saved me a few times.

Old 08-22-2001, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

I hated to hear about your wreck, but how else are you going to find out how those a-arms and swingarm hold up?lol But seriously, it was great meeting you and hope you get better soon.

Old 08-22-2001, 10:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Lurch sorry to hear that dude! it's a pitty ya had to find out first hand exactly why Lorretta's sucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm sure that you will agree that something has to be done to that track, or the main races will be between Lorretta's and the hospital

Old 08-22-2001, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

battle wounds

get well soon

Quick Reply: who won Loretta Lynns?